E280 Tail gate and wash wipe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philm350

Car
Mercedes E280 CDi
Seem to be having all the electrical problems at once. Tail gate will not open and rear wiper not working - both failed at the same time? There seems to be a module tucked up in the tail gate from where wires for the wiper and handle mechanism seem to come from. Would you think its more likely to be this that has failed rather than individual components?

If your car is more than a couple of years old, it's more likely that a wire to the tailgate is broken. Unlikely to be a module, but damaged wiring could possibly have damaged it. Get someone with a STAR machine to see what codes are being logged.

Hi Gordon - Thanks for the reply
Taking it to my local garage on Wednesday to have it plugged in and check communication, hope its not the mudule as he thinks they are aroubd £300.00

I'd have said more likely the module than wiring.

The fact that both the locking mechanism and the Tailgate wash & wipe controls have failed at the same time points to this.

It's unlikely that all these control wires have all broken simultaneously I'd have thought.

Took the module out opened up board black in the bottom corner
Managed to get a replacement from Smartpartz (£100) plugged it in all working fine
Posted another thread regarding near side wing mirror which not having much luck with
Turn in OK but turns out to a position beyond the point of usefulness ie great for looking into the fielsd as you drive past
Any ideas how to rectify?
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom