E280 valve body....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mobeyone

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280 S211
Well.... Looks like the valve body on the transmission needs changing. Had the car into the local dealer who performed another update and while it's better, it's still hanging on a little and downshifting a little rough.

Quoted price for work was £1400! Spoke to the garage who sold me the car and he's telling me to take out an extended warranty? Not happy about that but am I right in insisting he gets it fixed? Before it goes? They can apparently take a long time before they go?

Not happy..

Great, second post and noone has an opinion or any advice? thanks.

Is this a 211 2005 onwards E class - 7g box.

If so, it is a common problem. MB garage with full MBFSH may give some good will otherwise what can I say, looks like you'll have to cough £1400 big ones, or buy a warranty and claim off that.

What garage is the car with?

Last two services have been done by an indie but the car has a 3 month warranty and I am just under a month into it.

The car was seen by Warrington mb.

Then they have to pay for it.

You can get a valve body refurb kit now which is only £250 against the price of £750 for the complete valve body.

You can get a valve body refurb kit now which is only £250 against the price of £750 for the complete valve body.

I hear the refurb kit does not really remedy the problem? and only delays the inevitable?

depends on which codes... The usual problem is the speed sensors. On the old box, the electronic plate which contains the speed sensors was available seperately. On this box it wasnt until recently..

The kit comprises of the electric plate mainly so that should cure the problem. Its an official Mercedes fix.

depends on which codes... The usual problem is the speed sensors. On the old box, the electronic plate which contains the speed sensors was available seperately. On this box it wasnt until recently..

The kit comprises of the electric plate mainly so that should cure the problem. Its an official Mercedes fix.

Ill make him aware of it, the dealer advised it was a solenoid? within the box which implied the failure but stopped short of saying it was a common fault.

Is an oil change required with the fix?

Yes the solenoid will be the one in the electrical plate.

A full oil flush and change is best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom