E300 Hybrid - Battery capacity max & min

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ghibbett

Car
C63 AMG Estate
Quick question to any other E300 Hybrid'ers out there; What's the max and min available charge you've seen from the battery? Mine are 89% and 33%.

Just wondered what others' has seen :confused:

I dont get above 79% in mine. What sort of combined mpg are you getting? Im getting around 55mpg (combined driving) despite using the sailing as often as I can. Not overly impressed 6 months on.

I'm seeing about 50mpg combined at the moment, however the engine still has <1000 miles on it.

I think that's fantastic for a 2 tonne bus!

The highest charge I have seen was 98% and the lowest is 33%.
Longer journeys are predominately over 55mpg. Personal best was 69mpg over 50 miles. Short journeys with a large proportion before the engine has fully warmed up (Plus too much in the boot) resulted in a real average of 48.8mpg over 18,000 miles this year so far.

Moderate to heavy "A" road traffic while in a mellow mood appears to get the best performance. I am envious of Andrew Frankel who managed 73.6mpg from Morocco to Goodwood, but I doubt that I drive as genteelly as he did.

Overall, it appears to match what I expected, I still get about the same percentage of the official combined cycle that the previous VW achieved. Therefore it is in line with what Mercedes Marketing claim with a 10-15% improvement over a similar E250 in my case.

Very interesting NNMates, thanks for replying.

I had a sedate drive back from work yesterday. Sitting in traffic for 10 minutes, then Motorway cruising followed by 5 minutes of A-road to home. All in 32 miles and the trip showed 61.8mpg. I was extremely happy with that.

How many miles does your E300 have now?

The E300 has done a total of 18,036 miles (remembered to look when I got out). It was bought as an ex-demo facelift estate with 4,000 miles in January.

I got 61.4mpg over 1036 miles on a single tank...

I can easily get 100% (down a hill on M40), but have never seen below 33%.

Regards,

Paul

Last edited:
Excellent result as ever pse1336982 :thumb:

I've still not seen over 90% battery, but then I do live in the flat-as-a-pancake Midlands :(

Hi all,
I am interested to get a E300 Bluetec Hybrid, but I'm a bit concern about the price of its replacement Li-ion battery. While I also own a Honda Hybrid, but I think it uses a Ni-MH which is cheaper than the Prius's.

Any idea of the E300's Li-ion battery price ? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom