E300 Hybrid - verdict?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
63 mpg.

Anyone any experience of using car seats on the back of an e 300 hybrid ? Is there enough room for an adult to sit between 2 maxi cosi seats ? Also how does fuel economy compare to other diesel saloon cars with 3 seats in the back and a large boot ? Is the hybrid worth the extra initial outlay over a 6 to 7 year period driving 25000 miles per year mainly extra urban ?

After almost 5 hours of uneventful driving here's the final verdict:

image-2489322322.jpg

:-$

It does a lot better than my bosses I can't Get more than 50mpg out of that and his long term average over about 5k is just over 48 hence my guess

Last edited:
On the way up on Friday we were caught in horrible stop-start traffic all the way from Bristol up to the M42 then the 42 round by Brum was much the same. Once on the M1 I tried to make up some time then had a good run all the way up the A19 ;-) The average was just over 52mpg on the dash for this journey.

Now having just been to refuel the brim - brim average works out at 57.01 for today's trip.

What I find more impressive is the 57+ on the journey into Bristol this morning.

image-2548622779.jpg

I look at the 300H when I ordered my eClass estate, but it was ~£5,500 more than similarly spec'd e220 amg sport auto estate. So taking into account cost of remap ~£5000 buys a lot of fuel.

I could see the numbers possibly stacking up if you do a lot of miles and/or it's a company car.

cheers, Steve

ghibbett said:
Lot's of electric-only motoring on that journey?

There was indeed. I seemed to get caught at lots of traffic lights on a downhill slope so could easily pull away without the engine kicking in then plod along in the slow moving traffic.

I have so far covered 6,000 miles and have averaged 38.7mpg in an E300 AMG Sport Saloon. I have a continental trip coming up so will report back shortly.

E300 Hybrid achieved 45.79mpg travelling 1,500 miles to France and back - display was showing 47.9mpg. This was 4 up with luggage, no constant 56mphr, no grandmother in the front seat and no slip streaming behind lorries. I really don't think this is far off what a std E250 can do. You could easily improve on this by holding off the speed, gliding all the way to the bottom of hills, sitting tucked in behind lorries (getting stone chips) etc but for me it was a case of getting from A to B as swiftly as possible.

Just thought I would drop in to see how my all time favourite thread is going....:D

Looks like if you really try to drive economically the E300h returns decent figures. If you don't, they are nothing special...

What would an E250Cdi return in the same conditions? I suspect there is not a great deal between them.....fair comment?

J

Looks like if you really try to drive economically the E300h returns decent figures. If you don't, they are nothing special...

What would an E250Cdi return in the same conditions? I suspect there is not a great deal between them.....fair comment?

A 300h isn't going to be any better than a 250Cdi on long journeys...but round town...

And gliding through ASDA car park silently scaring the locals is great fun also :devil:

:D

Good to see you're still around Dieselman....do you have an E300h yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom