E300 hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy5058

Car
e300 hybrid
Hi guys, i've got a problem with a E300 hybrid .
When i start ignition, it stays on the electric drive and instead of switching the engine on, it stays blocked on the hybrid drive until the battery runs out and the car stops.
If i switch on the engine on the SPORT mode , the engine runs fine, but once i put it in Eco ( comfort ) mode , the engine cuts-off and stays locked on electric drive

Time to take it to a dealer and hope they’ve got a clue. Can’t be as simple as starter battery, as it starts if you force it to. Any warnings or alerts on the dash?

Dealer diagnosis required. How old is the car and how many miles?

I looked into these before buying my S212 E220 CDI 7G+....cost of hybrid cell replacement made ma a little cautious................hopefully your issue & repair wont be too costly, keep us posted. Good luck.

The reason for asking your whereabouts was I have an expert/friend near me. Unfortunately we are about 170 miles apart. Good luck in getting your car sorted.

Well, a quick Google returns this:

P180D00 Control unit High-voltage batery has performed a system shutoff.

and a dodgy translation of one on a Russian site:

212098 HYBRYD - stalls when stopped, starts to move — does not start — it is powered by electric power. If it goes into neutral or parking when you press the gas pedal, does it happen? Has someone encountered a problem (in the battery module-POA7F00-the aging limit of the module is high. batteries)

Those, and the battery fault alert suggest, well, the obvious unfortunately. There’s a thread on here from someone with the same car that needed a new battery module. He was lucky and eventually had it done under warranty, but it was a newer car and much lower miles than yours.

The battery replacement was a stupid price retail IIRC. Something around £17k springs to mind.

Doesn’t look good I’m afraid, but it has to be worth a trip to a dealer for confirmation. Not easy in your location though. Alternatively, cut your losses and get rid.

:(

Here you go, that other thread I mentioned.

It was only(!) £14,500 for the new battery pack. Sorry I exaggerated :oops:

Hi Andy, did you manage to solve teh problem? I have the same problem and mercedes garage todl me that is alternator regulator but they are not 100% sure if that will fix the problem?

Hi Andy, did you manage to solve teh problem? I have the same problem and mercedes garage todl me that is alternator regulator but they are not 100% sure if that will fix the problem?
Hi Andy did you manage to sort your E300 was it the alternator, did you ever have the gear leaver not going from R to D.or to park ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom