E300 hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IftyAK

Car
E300 hybrid
Hi can any1 tell me if this has happened to them? My hybrid has been playing up last 3days from hybrid mode it wasnt going over to engine mode, then it started cutting out after about 300 yards, switch it of it would start again I'd put it in sport mode drove perfect, anyway I decided to get mercedes to diagnose the problem, after an extended diagnose cost £340 they told me it was the starter motor cost £370 + 4 hours Labour I'm up to £1000 + no choice I needed it sorting , hour later got a call from mercedes there was a recall and a flange had to be replaced free ok I thought , was suppose to get car back today got a call from mercedes saying they can't start the car up, hight voltage battery module is not responding! And now they have to investigate this, car won't start at all, I drove it in myself yes it was cutting off, but in sport mode it wasn't! I beginning to think the recall job which was 10hrs work and to do that they would have shut everything down can any shed any light plz

What year and mileage is your car? What is its service history?
Hi, so it's a 2014 , it's got 130,000 it's device his is up to date , mb service up to 2018, after that it's been normal garages Ive only had it 7wks, I've had the turbo hose changed, I was losing coolant level I had that unit changed ,the car was driving perfect , the hybrid was charging the battery and holding charge , after being parked up for 14 hours it would be still on 62!

Hi can any1 tell me if this has happened to them? My hybrid has been playing up last 3days from hybrid mode it wasnt going over to engine mode, then it started cutting out after about 300 yards, switch it of it would start again I'd put it in sport mode drove perfect, anyway I decided to get mercedes to diagnose the problem, after an extended diagnose cost £340 they told me it was the starter motor cost £370 + 4 hours Labour I'm up to £1000 + no choice I needed it sorting , hour later got a call from mercedes there was a recall and a flange had to be replaced free ok I thought , was suppose to get car back today got a call from mercedes saying they can't start the car up, hight voltage battery module is not responding! And now they have to investigate this, car won't start at all, I drove it in myself yes it was cutting off, but in sport mode it wasn't! I beginning to think the recall job which was 10hrs work and to do that they would have shut everything down can any shed any light plz
i have the same problem with my 2015 plate, going to get it diagnosed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom