E300 outer window weather seal-removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AANDYY

Car
E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
Hi, I'd like to remove and re-fit the outer window weather seal on the doors.

I've tried wiping but dirt continually keeps coming off, they were quite badly gunked up with mildew/green stuff etc.

Question is, is it 'just' a simple case of carefull prising!

I had this on mine and with windows shut i pressure washed them downwards so the dirt was blown into the door.

A bit of water wont hurt and my mould was a light green what colours yours?:D

Lynall

I had this on mine and with windows shut i pressure washed them downwards so the dirt was blown into the door.

A bit of water wont hurt and my mould was a light green what colours yours?:D

Lynall

Mines dark and UKY:D
They don't seat on the glass anymore.
How much for new ones guys?
:eek:

Hi,
Take a look at these 2 links, i believe you are talking about item 44, in the first link and 41 in the second, i have posted the price of the items under the link, please bear in mind that there are 4 separate pt. no.'s as they are handed.
These are for a 210 Saloon, so if yours is an Estate the rear door ones maybe different.
Hope this helps,

Front door http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...GM=717.446&CT=F&cat=45P&SID=72&SGR=015&SGN=01

£42.18 ea

Rear door http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...GM=717.446&CT=F&cat=45P&SID=73&SGR=015&SGN=01

£48.06 ea.

Thanks, mines a saloon btw.
Erm, think I'll stick with what I already have, with those prices:crazy:

Cant speak on your car but on a W202 it is 'just' a simple case of carefully prising the seal upwardly in a uniform manner with thick card under your lever to protect the paint work, have the window all the way down so you can take over the job with your fingers when you have enough space. On mine there were 4 or 5 clips evenly spaced holding the metal trim and seal to the door.

Should think yours will be similar.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom