E300D Estate (S124) Renovation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am also thinking of fitting a pair of sideskirt ending trims (fit into the end of the sill before the rear wheels) from a coupe.

- A1246980730
- A1246980830

I seem to recall reading in a past Gazette that these fit, with or without some modification. It would be great as these sills harbour the stones, muck etc, and these ends should avoid that.

It can't do any harm, IIRC my W124 cabriolet had them behind the rear wheels too, where the mudflap goes to stop gunk going behind the bumper.

It can't do any harm, IIRC my W124 cabriolet had them behind the rear wheels too, where the mudflap goes to stop gunk going behind the bumper.

its not for the bumper its for the ends of the sills, not the parts that go up the ends of the rear bumpers. (see attachment - item 95)

Attachments

• piii.png
    piii.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 82
Thats right, but there is also one that goes between the bumper edge and the plastic arch liner that keeps grime from going between the two.

It's rubbber, it is a devil of a job to keep it when you fit mudflaps. It may be cabrio only, surely someone can confirm this.

The cabrio also had the bit that you have indicated, sometimes it might be as well to coat the metal with a stone chip or the like, and just keep it clean. Anything that rubs the metal (as this will) and can trap dirt can be abrasive overtime. Certainly didn't stop the demise of the rear jacking points on my cabrio sadly.

Should the back box be black or silver on a 124 estate?

It should look like this :D:D

Picture226.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom