E300TD Heater Plugs required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Enthusiast
Car
09 E320 cdi Sport Estate, 98 E300TD Estate, 99 SL 500
Hi

I need heater plugs for my 291000 mile E300Turbodiesel. I can get 6 Beru plugs from Eurocarparts for £61 or £111 from MB. What should i do MB or Euro? Previous plugs were genuine and have done 100k miles and 4 years. I have always used genuine MB parts for everything on the car just havent reached that stage were you go..... to heck with it i will get the cheap or alternative part. It is £50 after all for a consumable.

What does anyone think??? Are Beru ones better/worse whatever????

Car has been totally reliable apart from water pump failure and i attribute at least some of its reliability to my use of genuine parts.

Can someone come on and say Beru are cr*p they break off when removing etc etc and fail quickly so i can go and just order the genuine MB ones.

Anyone??

the original glow plugs on my mercedes E300TD were Beru with mercedes stamped. I got the set from europarts as well. Beru are good.

Beru are the glow plugs to buy. I *think* they are also the original equipment, and are what you would get from the MB parts counter, albeit with an MB badge on the box.

Beru helpfully publish a failure torque of 45 Nm for these glow plugs, but, this is quite a safe figure - 2 of mine needed more like 60Nm to loosen!, and they didn't snap.

One thing to be careful of when buying them from Euro car parts is that they are all exactly the right plug - there are subtle differences in the detail of the electrical terminals which I think are different between the W124 and the W210 OM606s. When I opened all the boxes on the counter and checked, the spotty oik in Euro Car Parts was dismissive. When I sent him back into the to get a full set of the right plugs, he was sheepish, and I was vindicated!

Little piggy bak here, sorry...
Hello Number cruncher. Thanks for the hint on the plugs and euro parts. All good now. Still need to look at the injectors, in a wee while.
All the best.
livier

The 'original' plugs were Bosh. Beru are now an original part as well and are supplied by MB.

Fit either Bosch or Beru for longevity.

Does MB have the 2 year warranty on glow plugs like most other parts?

Anyone?

Hi

My understanding and experience of the MB 2 year parts warranty is that any MB dealer in Europe will replace the part regardless of who fitted it. I had discs and pads on the rear that were causing vibration, replaced FOC that i had bought from Inchape and fitted myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom