E300td how to turn traction control off??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonez59

Car
e300td,360bhp 4.2td patrol, 730bhp R32 GTR
As it says, i have pressed the T/C button and that lets the wheels spin a small amount but still cuts in, any way to tun it off???? with the Stage2 chip running, all i see is the light flashing at me. and cant let the car dance

Hi,
The T/C switch in the off position is all/most you can do to disable the T/C, the switch being in the off position just delays the T/C from cutting in as you undoubtedly have found out.
As the traction control needs signals from various other systems in the car one being the ABS, you could try disabling the ABS and seeing what effect it has on the T/C, but doing this may disable other crucial safety system such as BAS.
However on your head be it if you decide to do it ;)

However on your head be it if you decide to do it ;)

More like in a ditch.

I find the 300TD slow to react when you start slipping and back off the power pedal. The rack takes a short while to return so the car keeps sliding.

Slow rack. Heavy car. Poor reactions and not enough skill means I'd be +1 for the ditch!

My esp does not work...at all. But, when I was young the family Volvo 245 did not have these fancy electronics...I used to drift that thing off a certain roundabout on to a slip road...experience many younger driver will never see.

Last edited:
Ok worth taking the abs fuse out and see what happeneds, As for being able to drift thats not a problem, used to weekend drift displays at car show in uk and europe, the merc would prob be like difting an old volvo 740T, they was a bus too

Ok worth taking the abs fuse out and see what happeneds, As for being able to drift thats not a problem, used to weekend drift displays at car show in uk and europe, the merc would prob be like difting an old volvo 740T, they was a bus too

I had a 760 T in the early 90s...no traction control on that...:crazy:

Under the back seat is the yaw sensor...disconnect that and you now have no abs, esp or bas.

THANK YOU VERY much, thats the news i was hoping for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom