e300td lift pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
......there's possibly nothing wrong at all.......

As George says, you might not have a problem at all, these take millenia to bleed through on the starter. I use a vac pump on the return line when changing a filter.
And replacing the o-rings as suggested is always a good idea, if you have the skill and time.

One thing that i think wont help the fuel flow, is that i think the tank isnt breathing, filled her up the other day, used 1/4 of the tank, opened the filler cap and it had caused a vacuum
IS the breather pipe an ass to get to? tank out or did mb think about this one??

>>is that i think the tank isnt breathing,

No, it's normal.

If your tank really were not venting properly, it would collapse.

Clean the strainers, fit the O rings, and fill the secondary filter with clean diesel when you change it, buy your fuel from the petrol station, and not the chippy, and you'll be fine!

ok thanks,
Always run on diesel not bio.

if you still have problems after trying the above advice, then pull the rubber pipe off the FEED (near the washer bottle) and pop it into a container of fuel. Try cranking the car from here - this will eliminate any problems from the tank (which may have a blocked in-tank strainer - how full is the tank?) OR the metal fuel line that runs under the car could be blocked. This will cause vacuum too. If thats the case, try blowing some compressed air back through the FEED pipe to clear any blockages and remove the tank strainer to clean it.

I did the lift pump few moth ago. There are 2 non return valves. Easy job. Cost 24 pounds for the kit I think. Spring included. There was a defenite stronger succion with the new valves :)
You might have a clogged tank strainer as well, I chopped mine off, but hey, this is me :p
Also the pre-filter is crap on those car, its better to get another one like on the picture. No bubbles and nothing return to the tank at all ( the usual bubble on the pipe going to the prefilter always shows fuel returning, this is because of the pre-filter).
Olivier

Attachments

• SNC11587.jpg
    SNC11587.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 21
Almost got my hands on the chip flashing hardware and soft for my car and a pile of blank chips. Can start mapping it soon once got it running properly as stock.

Thanks ian

Hi Ian,
curious about this, can you really re-map the ECU from home?
Cheers.
Olivier

Ok nice one every one.
Olivier, Not yet, still just sorting out the last of the flashing kit and chips.
Got the mapping software installed.
The chips are soldiered into the ecu, so a pain to change, but my friend once i know what chips i need is going to solder a socket in for me, so i can write how ever many chips/maps i want and just unplug and replug in new chip. So each time do a small upgrade for the sake of a £2 pound chip just do a new chip/map job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom