E300td turbo downpipe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rod99

Hello all, could you tell me how much pressure is running through that pipe and is it possible to repair a small hole with chemical metal. (down pipe from turbo to intercooler rubber pipe) Thanks..

Hello all, could you tell me how much pressure is running through that pipe and is it possible to repair a small hole with chemical metal. (down pipe from turbo to intercooler rubber pipe) Thanks..

i would suggest to replace it, because it should be as smooth as posible= no restrictions for airflow.

Ok Thanks. To be honest there wasn't much of a dent in it and the crack was tiny, the rubber hose took the brunt of the impact. So I may just give it a whirl. Thanks for the reply though.

Wont be no more than 1 bar 15psi but even though its low pressure its a large volume, stick a piece of rubber pipe and a jubilee clip around it for a temporary repair.

Word of caution as the wastegate relies on the pressure in the pipework so if you have a boost air leak the turbo will boost higher than std and if the leak is severe enough the turbo can overspeed as there will be no resistance if that make sense:D

Lynall

Wont be no more than 1 bar 15psi but even though its low pressure its a large volume, stick a piece of rubber pipe and a jubilee clip around it for a temporary repair.

Word of caution as the wastegate relies on the pressure in the pipework so if you have a boost air leak the turbo will boost higher than std and if the leak is severe enough the turbo can overspeed as there will be no resistance if that make sense:D

Lynall

yee :) overleek is no good :) but you can easily hear huge sound like Weeeeeeeee :))

Thanks for your replies. The car seems fine now and the embarrising hissing,scraping rear engined coach noise has gone thk f....:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom