E320 124 cab only 6900 miles £36950

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No one in their right mind would buy that and use it.

The best hope he's got for that car is leasing it to Mercedes Brooklands.

It's a museum piece in the right colours and looks like a nice spec.

BOSS is in cloud cuckoo land thinking his is worth anywhere near this as a private sale.

You can buy a brand new E class cabriolet for less than that now so who on earth would do it?

You can buy a brand new E class cabriolet for less than that now so who on earth would do it?

The only difference being the new one would depreciate, this W124 wouldn't.

But it's a valid and interesting comparison.

Bonkers price.

The only difference being the new one would depreciate, this W124 wouldn't.

But it's a valid and interesting comparison.

It would depreciate the first time you used it :)

Every mile would reduce it's value

Cars like that are nothing more than museum pieces

That's just the ticket: useable everyday classic :eek:

Oddly, I can see the attraction, if you have the means, of loading a car onto a plinth in your climate controlled garage, breaking out a fine vintage and contemplating your collection. Model collecting for the big boys ;)

Other than that, I'm sure the boss will pop by, and yes, all of those cars are hideously overpriced.

That is The nuts but if I was wandering over to Mr IRonside's with £37k burning a hole in my pocket i would bring 3 friends with me because I would be going home with the following

w124 320 ce Cabrio (with Heritage Grill) £8900
R107 300 SL £9950
C140 CL600 £8950
W124 E300 Estate £8950

Job Done apart from agreeing it with the Mrs:D:D

That is The nuts but if I was wandering over to Mr IRonside's with £37k burning a hole in my pocket i would bring 3 friends with me because I would be going home with the following

w124 320 ce Cabrio (with Heritage Grill) £8900
R107 300 SL £9950
C140 CL600 £8950
W124 E300 Estate £8950

Job Done apart from agreeing it with the Mrs:D:D

Just goes to show how far the money can go, I know what I'd rather have instead of a brand new E Cabrio, something like those above or a couple of AMG's would make a nice stable.

Here's one for £89995...
"the suspenion ,body kit and wheels were all done by amg at the mercedes factory"

Except the front bumper is pre-facelift, the rear is post facelift, the suspension is too low to be sportline and the wheels look like 18s (would be 17s from the factory) :doh:

Even so, E320 cabs do look good as AMG replicas.

Don't forget that Ironside has already sold this car once before, when it had 5,800 miles on the clock (around about a year ago). Back then it was even closer to £40k, IIRC. I pretty certain it was discussed on here, too.

As for price, it think it'll be worth it to a wealthy collector who will use extremely sparingly, if at all!

A lovely car, just a shame it's missing a few options.

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom