E320 2004 headlight bulb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Broadleybenz

Car
E 320 cdi
What bulbs are the headlights? I need to order some and want to make sure I get correct ones

Hi,
We need more information about your car. Have you put your Vin number into one of the on line readers and got your Data card info.? That will tell you much information abut your car including head lights type.
Is it an Avantgarde model you have ? so as a rough guide, when you turn on the lights, shine them on a wall or similar, do they do a little dance? if so you have bi xenons with D2s bulbs. The last bulb I changed was over 6 years ago, and I bought 2 cheapies off of Ebay they have lasted fine. Stick with the same heat range, that Mercedes supply, which as I recall is 4300k. ( check that ).
Fitting bulbs is a painful experience, guaranteed for you to lose skin while doing it, unless you have pixie size hands.
If you can not sort your vin (which is at the bottom of the windscreen, passenger side ) then post it on here and someone will assist.

Regards Steve.

Or check your handbook?

Presumably you know if you have Xenon lights or not? You would have self levelling and headlamp washers fitted.

If standard Halogen then H7

Hi, it’s an advantade ye with self levelling
They are bright but someone replaced one with a dull bulb in the past which has now gone
Hi,
We need more information about your car. Have you put your Vin number into one of the on line readers and got your Data card info.? That will tell you much information abut your car including head lights type.
Is it an Avantgarde model you have ? so as a rough guide, when you turn on the lights, shine them on a wall or similar, do they do a little dance? if so you have bi xenons with D2s bulbs. The last bulb I changed was over 6 years ago, and I bought 2 cheapies off of Ebay they have lasted fine. Stick with the same heat range, that Mercedes supply, which as I recall is 4300k. ( check that ).
Fitting bulbs is a painful experience, guaranteed for you to lose skin while doing it, unless you have pixie size hands.
If you can not sort your vin (which is at the bottom of the windscreen, passenger side ) then post it on here and someone will assist.

Regards Steve.

Or check your handbook?

Presumably you know if you have Xenon lights or not? You would have self levelling and headlamp washers fitted.

If standard Halogen then H7
Self levelling and heat light washers fitted yes I don’t think there xenon but I’ll double check

I just used the above link- thanks & it came up with D1S for my W211 Sport with Bi-Xenons, some have said D2S though on the Forum, can anybody just confirm D1S or will both fit before I buy them please? Many thanks.

I just used the above link- thanks & it came up with D1S for my W211 Sport with Bi-Xenons, some have said D2S though on the Forum, can anybody just confirm D1S or will both fit before I buy them please? Many thanks.
My 2008 W211 Sport with Bi-Xenon headlights uses the D1S type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom