E320 Cabriolet immobiliser issue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MervTM

Car
E320 Cabriolet
Hi everyone, I've owned my 1993 E320 cabriolet since 1997. I'm the second owner, the car was originally purchased from Alan Day in London. I used it regularly until about 5 years ago when wiring loom problems meant it only fired on four/five cylinders when cold, when warm it ran fine. I recently fitted a new battery and it started second turn! firing on all 6. A lot of the fuses were corroded, so I replaced them all.

THEN... I'd left the bonnet catch open with the bonnet placed gently down. I tried to start the engine and set off the alarm. I managed to stop the alarm by manually locking the doors, closing the bonnet. However, I can't start the engine as I believe the immobiliser as kicked in and won't re-set. The central locking is not working (door lock vacuum pumps?).

Is there a way to re-set the immobiliser 'manually', or isolate it? Or ..... should I focus on the central locking. Or.... anything else that's stopping the engine starting.

I'd like to get the car running, mainly so I can move it around the drive/car port before trying to sort out the underlying wiring loom issues, indicators not working etc!

Any help on coming up with a logical step-by-step approach appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom