E320 cdi 2003 W210 mirror roll?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercanlandy

Car
E320 cdi auto estate elegance
I read on other posts about the mirrors dipping when reverse gear is selected. Is this a function that has to switched on somewhere or should it happen automatically when selecting reverse. I have just done a repair to my reversing lights as they would not work. I was expecting my mirrors to tilt down once i fixed the reversing lights.

I actually don't like the dipping function. It doesn't seem to activate quickly enough, perhaps a 3-4 second delay, and if I'm reversing in a straight line with my eye on the N/S kerb and then the mirror changes the view by tilting downwards and inwards it quite off-putting.

Dipping mirrors

The question I need answering is can you switch the mirror dipping on and off. If so how and where from.

Mine doesn't do it but iirc it is only for vehicles with memory seats. Vaguely the procedure was select the left mirror, put it in reverse and set the mirror where you want it.

Someone will confirm

As above, it works only if you have a drivers memory seat. If you do...the mirror switch must be in the passenger side position.

I think it has to be activated on the dash but my car is still in bodyshop so cant check
My car does have memory seats

Thank you for answers. Ill check it out tonight. Pretty certain mine is not memory driver seat. It is electric for positions up/down and seat back forward/backwards

If your seat buttons are on the door you have memory seats, if not; you don't.

The question I need answering is can you switch the mirror dipping on and off. If so how and where from.

Having had a W210 with this, I'don't say the following :
a) it's a feature on cars with memory driver'set seat, as others have said;
b) to turn it off, push the off-side mirror select button on the centre console where you adjust the mirrors. I believe the dip feature only works if the near-side mirror is selected, so it should stop dipping if you push the other button down.

Yours is a FL W211, the OP has a W210

Not sure you can get 2003 W210s can you...

Is it not a W211, OP?

Having had a W210 with this, I'd say the following :
a) it's a feature on cars with memory driver's seat, as others have said;
b) to turn it off, push the off-side mirror select button on the centre console where you adjust the mirrors. I believe the dip feature only works if the near-side mirror is selected, so it should stop dipping if you push the other button down.

Edited to correct typos. I hope this was useful.

OP = original post/poster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom