e320 cdi crank but wont start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alanm999

Car
2003 e320 cdi 210
hi in need of help anyone got any ideas 2003 e320 w210 cdi estate
brief summary did about 80 miles no problems parked up for 10 mins came to start but car cranks but will not start turns over ok but nothing 1/2 tank of diesel

left it overnight but still no joy cranked till battery flat
i replaced o rings on fuel lines about 4 months ago
ive checked connections on injectors seem ok cant see any air bubbles in pipes
any advice appreciated

hi in need of help anyone got any ideas 2003 e320 w210 cdi estate
brief summary did about 80 miles no problems parked up for 10 mins came to start but car cranks but will not start turns over ok but nothing 1/2 tank of diesel

left it overnight but still no joy cranked till battery flat
i replaced o rings on fuel lines about 4 months ago
ive checked connections on injectors seem ok cant see any air bubbles in pipes
any advice appreciated

Might be crank position sensor

From a similar experience, see if it starts and runs using easy start...

Got to agree CPS. I had the same thing with my Smart Roadster.

hi all thanks for imput got it to start this morning after i checked bleed off
still not right though as it is taking about 5 to 10 seconds of cranking before it starts
do you think that it could still be cps or more likely fuel related?

hi update been trying to start for last hour eventually fired up again but now i have abs bas esp lights on visit workshop
anyone got any ideas
thanks

hi update been trying to start for last hour eventually fired up again but now i have abs bas esp lights on visit workshop
anyone got any ideas
thanks

Did you flatten the battery? If so steering full left lock, full right lock and then back to centre position should sort it

hi all thanks for imput got it to start this morning after i checked bleed off

Whats this mean ?

still not right though as it is taking about 5 to 10 seconds of cranking before it starts
do you think that it could still be cps or more likely fuel related?

MB Star session will save you £££'s of guesswork.

:thumb:

hiya pal
had the same problem with my e220,(same fuel system set up) after lots of f---ing about with o rings,filter housing,pumps etc i did a spill of test and found 2 injectors not spilling of properly, i changed the 2 faulty ones and she fired up after a couple of turns,running like a dream now,as for the abs bas and esp lights they will come on when the battery goes down ,give it a run and they will go off, hope this helps

as for the abs bas and esp lights they will come on when the battery goes down ,give it a run and they will go off,

After a flat battery/disconnection you need to turn the steering lock to lock and back to centre to clear the BAS etc faults

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom