E320 CDI - Dash Cam Advice Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debi

Car
Mercedes-Benz E-Class Saloon E320 CDI
Hi,

I'm new here and I'm just after some advice/recommendations.

Sorry, I don't know much about cars. My husband has a Mercedes-Benz E320 CDI... it's a few years old but in excellent condition.

He's had a couple of non-fault accidents last year and everything has been resolved to his satisfaction but things would have been so much easier if the incidents had been recorded on one of those dash cam/recorders.

I'm thinking of buying him one for Xmas... I can afford up to £100. Most of the ones on eBay look cheap & nasty.

Does anybody have any advice/recommendations what would suit this car and whether it can be permanently mounted (behind the rear view mirror) and wired internally (he hates dangling loose wires).

Thanks in advance of your help.

Kindest regards,
Debi :)

Dash cam

Debie you did the right thing by asking on the forum .Dont but a cheap one i did .But only for a project i have in my mind, to use one in rthe window of the bungalow. It works fine, but the night cam is not viewable at night from the chepo type .You will find one made by Bosch that looks ok .But the more you pay the better item you will get. For a £100 you will get a super dash cam for that price. Mine was only £20 and no good.

I have one made by RoadHawk - not cheap but works a treat. If you are by chance a member of the other MB club, RoadHawk are offering a 10% discount to members.

Thanks for the replies so far... it's really appreciated!

A friend of mine has recommended a "Mini 0805+GPS (0803 upgrade) Car DVR HD1296P" - They're about £100 on eBay.

It's small/discreet and can be permanently attached (comes with a hard wire kit) - I just have to find out if it's possible and how much it would cost to hard wire it in. We've no chance of doing it ourselves!

I have the transend which is really good, even at night time. It's also wireless transfere to your phone and comes with the SD card which most others don't come with.
Got it from Amazon.

I've just ordered two (one for each car) G1W models from Amazon (eprance name).

Read here he does good reviews and advice:

Techmoan - Techmoan

I might even get one for the rear window of each car too, as we have cigarette lighter sockets in the boot.

I will buy some CCTV stickers too.

Daily my wife is nearly rammed off the road on the school run.

dash cam

I have just installed a Transcend dash cam into E Class 250 W212
I located a switched 12volt on the back of the interior lighting,
The camera turns on when the doors are unlocked & off when locked.
Took a while figuring out how the interior roof lights dropped down.

BigE maybe it's just me but what happens when the doors autolock?

Dash Cam

Hi Wully
camera still powered up when doors auto lock, must due to the ignition is on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom