E320 CDI Estate S210 TRAMSMISSION

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Voyager

Hello

2001 E320 CDI Estate S210 TRAMSMISSION

Can anyone shed light on what may be causing the following symptoms:

The transmission does not step down - the car just gradually increases speed, so a nightmare when overtaking or when on hills. It does get up to top speed but a slow process! -

It may be me, but it seems ok-ish in first 10 mins of driving then lapses into this no-step-down mode. Or I'm just optimistic?

The manual step down via the transmission leaver works ok..

Had the car looked at - no diagnostic faults came up and the cleaned out around the mass-air-sensor thing. Garage thought they'd sorted it - but its still happening. On a 180 mile journey yesterday and it was just not stepping down.

Someone mentioned an ECU re-set to erase the car's predictive driving memory that in involves ignition ket set to one, foot on accelerator for 1 min etc.....?

Does anyone have any suggestions ? Many thanks:dk::doh::dk::doh::wallbash::wallbash:

What did you try and read the codes with?

Car seems to have some sort of limp mode, could be a number of things.

It is nothing to do with adaptive settings.

What are your maximum revs?

The turbo isn't kicking in...split pipe, dirty egr, etc.

Disconnect the MAF and see what difference that makes if any.

Hello thanks for responding.....
It's revs high but takes ages to get speed built up..... You're right about the turbo- what you've said made me think- there's no sense of the turbo kicking in or a power boost - it's no kicking down and no turbo boost. If your on a flat and patient you can build the cars speed up to 100 mph but it takes a while .....

It's a small local garage - they had to borrow someone's cable - not sure how etched up they are ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom