E320 cdi probs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buick boy

Car
E320 cdi 2000
Well it was bound to happen,i was thinking i'd got away with it,i bought a 2000 plate E320 last weds.160,000 miles on the clock,real good condition for the year£600,been standing for a good few months so i drove it home with no problems other than brake warning light coming on and B service needed 270 days ago showing up:eek:
I done around 300 miles since and this morning the dreaded EPC came up,wont rev above 3000 but still runs ok,i know i have to get it on a diagnostic machine at some point but untill payday at the end of the month i cant really afford it,at the same time i will be servicing it too.is there any re set i can do to it for now to get it to rev out?
I only usually buy a car to get me through a couple of years and then scrap it..strange but i really like this and want to get it running right and keep it.

The B service is showing 720 days not 270..and its not moving either so must be at the max for the readout!!

Ok i have changed the fuel filter and the fault code is still coming up,also its was cutting out on me quite frequently,i would guess that its time for a new crank sensor?
another odd thing is that when i turn the ign off it carries on running for a fraction of a second..can it be related?
cheers Kev

Right i stuck my hand down to the crank sensor and waggled the connector,started it up and the fault has gone,so i guess its either a dodgy connector/wire or the sensor..sorted!!

Not sorted!!! its back,i've wiggled all day but it keeps coming back:mad: i was going to pull it out give it a clean but i cant get it out!! its stuck!! any ideas how to get it out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom