E320 cdi s211 throttle response

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Ive noticed there is a small delay in throttle response especially noticeably in Kickdown "wot"

All my previous petrol Merc's 80's have had a short pause but the s211 e30cdi i have seems to be quite abit longer. Its ok if i dont rush it and it seems a acceptable amount of time but it has taken a little while to get used to it.

Will a remap sort this delay, or even something like this

Pedal Commander For Volvo V70 D5 Throttle Controller for Faster Acceleration | eBay

I dont think its a fault with the car as my friends w203 c220 cdi is similar

Had exactly they same on the S204 350CDi. I didn't fancy the idea of opening the ECU for a remap so went for a DTUK tuning box, this made a vast improvement but still had the 'lag'. So I then fitted a Pedal Box from them, pulls like a scalded cat now :eek: & minimal if not no 'lag'. Diesel Tuning UK LTD | Improved Diesel Performance And Economy | Digital Diesel Tuning Box

The box in your link is the same as theirs which actually comes from DTE Diesel Tuning | Experience your diesel vehicle in a completely new way as do their tuning boxes.

The pedal box has 3 settings, Eco, sport & sport+ & on each you can have +1,2,3 or -1,2,3. I currently have it set on normal sport +1 but am playing with it to see what best suits. Sport + is amazing but maybe just a bit much.

I know that a proper remap is likely to be better as it is bespoke to the car and will help dial out the lag, amongst other things, but at least when I sell the car I can remove the bits and re use (as DTUK will upload maps for your new car to your box).

IMO if you are looking for this sort of fix call Andrew at DTUK he will talk you through and you'll get it delivered the next day!

Deffo goning to go with a remap of some sorts

Mines been remapped at Viezu and I run permanently in Sport but the delay in mashing the Loud pedal to Kick down is still huge!

So much so that I use the Paddle Shift if I know I need instant response.

The 7 speed standard box is rather shyte it has to be said! :rolleyes:

i only have the 5 speed so cant use a paddle shift. never mind i dont give the car a hard drive most of the time.

I have a brabus d6 fitted to my W204 320cdi and experienced the same lag. Was looking into a sprint booster or pedal box but then managed to get some different pedal settings in DAS which made a huge improvement, especially in comfort mode.

My E220CDI is the same — relatively big delay from throttle application to "go", which I know is normal for these cars and may be even worse in mine as I drive in a fairly relaxed manner so the 'box will have adapted to that.

Caused me some panic when I instinctively applied the throttle early on a roundabout entry slip road whilst driving a supercharged new Range Rover... :eek:

This has worked on both my car and Scott's. Mine has a Brabus D6 fitted to it and Scott's is stock at the moment with a DTUK tuning box to be connected to it. It could be that there is more of a difference on W204 320cdi engines.

But the difference is only in C mode and not S where C pulls away in second gear
in S you use 1st gear and none or little effect is to be found in S mode when using different pedal settings !!

Well according to the link you posted that is .................

I had an E350 Bluetec whilst mine was away - no lag - very impressed.

My S211 E320 had the usual OM642 lag, but the Bluetec seems to have a different tune.

I didn't notice much difference in S but it was much more responsive in C in any gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom