E320 cdi Serious vibrations!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jerjer

Hi Guys (first time on excellent forum)
I have a 2003 E 320 cdi auto (211) with 120k miles.When accelerating car vibrates very badly mostly around 40mph + also vibration now coming in when normal driving.(feels like CV joint, Drive shaft etc)(you would think rear wheels are bouncing !!!) but can find no reference to these problems. All mounts bushes etc seem fine. All advice greatly appreciated

Could one of the wheel balancing weights fallen off, causing the wheel to wobble at speed?

Dont think so . When you are doing about 50 mph and knock the auto box into neutral the vibration dissapears. Thanks anyway

There can be an issue with coolant water leaking into the gearbox for cars with Valeo radiators for cars of your age. Affects the torque plate I think.

Do a search on here, but your symptoms sound worryingly similar.

Thanks for your help on this one! I really appreciate it and I will check this out Sounds expensive!!!!

Does it feel like driving over a cattle grid? If it does it under load at about 1200-2000rpm when accelerating gently or moderately then it is probably the torque convertor and the infamous glycol in the ATF fault.

If you boot it hard (say to 3500rpm) is it smoother?

If it is this then as a bare minimum you are looking at a new radiator, torque convertor and fluid flush/refill. You might also be looking at a recon gearbox as well.

I would bet money on it being the Valeo issue, nip it in the bud quickly. Where in the country are you?

+2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom