E320 CDI Sport – W211 2009 model year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David404

Car
GLE350d (W166)
Hi Folks

New to the MB scene (well returning after 25 years away) and in the process of buying above. Looking at the spec list its listed as having

Amaretta/leather/nappa/semi-aniline

Does anybody know if this is artificial leather 9like Artico) or real hide off dead animal?

all opinion/comment welcome.

If the door card leather is pleated its real leather, if they are flat/perferated its not.

If the door card leather is pleated its real leather, if they are flat/perferated its not.

Hi Gareth

I think a lot of people used to think this was how to tell the difference, however I'm sure it was disproved on this forum somewhere. My own car has the ruffled door card and yet is listed as black artico leather.

Sounds like real hide to me although the leather in my E320 is hard, tough, odourless stuff whereas in the SL it is soft and supple and smells nice.

Hopefully I'll get the car tomorrow. Its been a killer of a wait since doing the deal last week.

It's the real deal. Same as mine. Nappa is a process of tanning apparently and semi aniline is some sort of coating to help with wear. The car doesn’t smell of leather as such but then again neither does my honda. Good luck you'll love it. You got pan roof too?

Reasonable options but not Panny

It's the real deal. Same as mine. Nappa is a process of tanning apparently and semi aniline is some sort of coating to help with wear. The car doesn’t smell of leather as such but then again neither does my honda. Good luck you'll love it. You got pan roof too?

Got the car yesterday, only had brief drives to/from work (20 miles each way) and still reading the books but loving it, delighted. :bannana:

Heated 'leather' seats, Parktronic, Sport, 6 disc changer, Command NTG1. Panny roof and memory seate would have been nice but this is the best example I could find in budget and available locally. 2nd user condition is all and mine looks like it was well cared for by previous owners.

Got the car yesterday, only had brief drives to/from work (20 miles each way) and still reading the books but loving it, delighted. :bannana:

Heated 'leather' seats, Parktronic, Sport, 6 disc changer, Command NTG1. Panny roof and memory seate would have been nice but this is the best example I could find in budget and available locally. 2nd user condition is all and mine looks like it was well cared for by previous owners.

Nice now get it remapped

Agreed, I'd also strongly advise checking the state / cleanliness of your turbo seal, check for oily / gritty dirt underneath the inlet entering the turbo and the seal itself, if its leaking oil it can lead to problems and is a common issue.

Thanks Guys

Thanks for all the info.

Vehicle will probably be in for service next week so will get seals checked out if its not on the regular service check list. Got a little caught out on the service, knew the first service I caught for would be a major and probably Auto Tranny and rear axle too but I misread the service history and thought it was a few months away :doh: Might get lucky though, gotta get the Indie to check the MB service history, migh not be due Auto tranny...

Still not the end of the world I tend to keep cars for 5 to 7 years so it will be good to know it starts life with me with a big service behind it.

Thanks for all the info.

Vehicle will probably be in for service next week so will get seals checked out if its not on the regular service check list. Got a little caught out on the service, knew the first service I caught for would be a major and probably Auto Tranny and rear axle too but I misread the service history and thought it was a few months away :doh: Might get lucky though, gotta get the Indie to check the MB service history, migh not be due Auto tranny...

Still not the end of the world I tend to keep cars for 5 to 7 years so it will be good to know it starts life with me with a big service behind it.

MB state it should only have one transmission service at iirc 37.000 miles. Asked them to do it when I purchased it and said it never needs doing again! My car has 103.000 on clock. Get it done if I were you at an indy. I did for piece of mind as iam too keeping mine. Think mine was around £200 with torque converter drain too.

Service done

Well the car was in for service last week, as very much as expected. Check of the MB service history reveals that the gearbox had never had an oil & filter change (currently at 68,000 miles) so it had the works. Couple of minor issues resolved and the car gets a reasonably clean bill of health.

Gave it a good clean at the weekend and its looking good, very pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom