E320 cdi tuning box dyno results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maddog

Not gospel figures as its not easy to dyno an auto, car threw a bit of a wobbly as well BAS, ABS light on etc but we did a few runs to get a consistant figures

FWIW i've had this box (Van Aaken tuning box) on my car for about 6 years now and around 50,000 miles , i took it off recently to check if the mpg figures had altered since i found the box gave 1mpg better mpg average and perhaps 2-3mpg on a decent trip, since removing the box the fuel consumption has returned to what it was prior to fitting

I have never noticed the car blowing any more black smoke with it fitted that with it not , this could explain why the peak horsepower is unaffected

The key difference in driving is that motorway cruising is more relaxed if you see where peak torque is you can see exactly why, the car is also substantially quicker through the gears

I thought the results were quite interesting make of them what you will

Stock is green , with the box fitted is pruple

Fuel was Shell V power diesel

y933wbl.jpg

Not bad !

You could expect more MPG/power with a custom setup .

The car should have been put into DYNO mode to disable all driver aids such as tcs abs ect.

You may have got more power this way .....

Regards *** Tuning

Not bad !

The car should have been put into DYNO mode to disable all driver aids such as tcs abs ect.

Regards *** Tuning

how do you put the car into dyno mode???

Not bad !

Regards *** Tuning

Your website indicates that a drop in power is built in between 2000/3000 revs and this is visible in the dyno results above both standard and when the box is fitted. Will a remap get rid of this drop in power?

Only clicked a few and the graphs all look th esame just different figures also nothing like the shape of any graph i have got

Only clicked a few and the graphs all look th esame just different figures also nothing like the shape of any graph i have got

Agree...none of the graphs show a drop in power around the 2000/3000 rpm as yours does. The graphs I looked at all look suspiciously smooth..

As for the dip in power please refer to a standard DYNO graph ....

A Upgraded vehicle will have had the dip removed

Regards *** Tuning

As for the dip in power please refer to a standard DYNO graph ....

A Upgraded vehicle will have had the dip removed

Regards *** Tuning

Can you indicate where we may see some standard dyno graphs?

Try Google ...

We will try and post later in the day if we have time

Regards *** Tuning

HAVE A LOOK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9e8CFssJPg

I no its not the correct model but there all the same within reason ....

Regards Gary @ *** Tuning

So does this alter the gearbox so it wont kick down when floored??

The problem we had was the car kept trying to kick down on the dyno , so the curve and the torque figures are probably not accurate as we couldnt get decent figure at a low rpm (peak torque is 1800-2500 i think).

It serves a purpose though i dont really need any accurate figures as i was only on the dyno setting up a nitrous system for one of my customers , we had a bit of spare time at the end so decided to put the E Class on :)

I'd be interested if you could post up a chart from a E320 CDI

Mind you as I said dont put too much stock in the figure or the curve the only thing worth comparing is the difference per and post tuning box

As for removing the dip if there actually is one, I wonder if this is due to cam timing and set up and whether it actually mapped out.

My Skyline does the same as the cam timing alters , the fix is to fit aftermarket cams

dyno361.jpg

Yes this is correct .

Regards *** Tuning

So does this alter the gearbox so it wont kick down when floored??

The problem we had was the car kept trying to kick down on the dyno , so the curve and the torque figures are probably not accurate as we couldnt get decent figure at a low rpm (peak torque is 1800-2500 i think).

It serves a purpose though i dont really need any accurate figures as i was only on the dyno setting up a nitrous system for one of my customers , we had a bit of spare time at the end so decided to put the E Class on :)

I'd be interested if you could post up a chart from a E320 CDI

Mind you as I said dont put too much stock in the figure or the curve the only thing worth comparing is the difference per and post tuning box

As for removing the dip if there actually is one, I wonder if this is due to cam timing and set up and whether it actually mapped out.

My Skyline does the same as the cam timing alters , the fix is to fit aftermarket cams QUOTE]

I can find no evidence of a "dip" either....I have looked at many of the dyno graphs on Superchips site and none of these show a dip in the curve.

It would be interesting to check the MAF output which I suspect may be reading low.
The engine is only generating 287 lb-ft of torque and it should be 346 Lb-ft. Often people have tuning boxes/remaps when all they need is to sort out the problem so recover the original output.

It would be interesting to check the MAF output which I suspect may be reading low.
The engine is only generating 287 lb-ft of torque and it should be 346 Lb-ft. Often people have tuning boxes/remaps when all they need is to sort out the problem so recover the original output.

We do a before and after diagnostic check as standard procedure.

If a fault is found we will notify the client and advise of the best course of action to take .

Kind Regards *** Tuning

Only put my car on the dyno once, and dyno mode didn't prevent kickdown - just disabled ESP, ABS, etc.

Thats because the dyno isnt reading properly at 1800-2200 rpm where peak torque is as i said we were unable to floor the car the car at this rpm as the gearbox would kick down

If it was down on torque or had a fault maf it wouldnt be making 200hp

Only put my car on the dyno once, and dyno mode didn't prevent kickdown - just disabled ESP, ABS, etc.

Thats how i understood it and kickdown was the problem we had , the esp etc was disabled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom