E320 CDi (V6) Oil from filler cap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beastlee

Car
2019 S205 C300 AMG Line Premium Plus
I test drove an E320 CDi the other day so that I would actually know what one drives like. When I checked under the bonnet I noticed some oil on the top of the undertray but it looked like possible spillage when topping up, nothing really on the engine. At the end of the short Autobahn run, where we never got above 70mph, I checked under the bonnet for issues. There had been a small explosion from the oil filler cap, which appeared to be secure. The dealer reckons it wasn't secured properly though.
Whilst I'm not worried about this particular car is this something to watch with this engine and what couls cause it?

I've heard of this, happened to another forum members car. Get them to replace the oil filler cap and engine cover if you buy it and happens again.

Steve, I wouldn't be buying it as it was just to give me an idea of how a 320 CDI drives. It was a reasonably good price though, for Germany, as I would get it for £9500 which is about £3000 less than they normally go for.
I did think it would most likely be a filler cap issue and I'd have just cleaned up the engine cover as it was almost pristene before the run.

Think it was S.Speeds car? he just put a new cap om and all was ok IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom