e320 cdi valeo behr issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
As above, can anyone on here tell me from my vin when my car was made?

It was registered 7-11-2003

vin: wdb211226a2401388 its on a 53 reg, ive looked at the Rad from the top and i think it may be Valeo as the end tanks on the side are Tooth fitting.

The Gearbox Atm is nice and smooth, does anyone have the Part number for the Behr Radiator?

Any help much apreciated

Also ive taken the bottom cover off to have a look, i got a clean look at the underside of the radiator and there is no white label or markings of any description, so im thinking it may have had a replacement aftermarket rad already? unless of course the white label or manufactuer is stamped on the top of the rad

Mileage of car btw is 79,800 miles

hi, thanks for the reply, I know mine was registered 11/2003 but dont know wen it was built, didnt know if anyone could tell by the chasiss

Its got the Valeo style unit on there but no makers name, gonna take the slam planel off later and have a look on the top.

Thats a good idea, roughly how did that set up cost??

About £40 for the thermostat & about £50-£60 for the cooler & hoses. Also done a gearbox oil & filter & flush at the same time

Your pretty much on the money age wise for the radiator issue, I wouldn't worry unless you start getting issues.

Just taken a look at the '03 E55K, and the rad on it has the same claw-style fastening for the plastic end tanks as the Valeo, but the claws seem to be about twice as wide as on the Valeo in the picture. If it is a Valeo, could it be an improved later version with the problem sorted? If they never made one, could it be a Nissens replacement? I've found a couple of pics of Nissens, and they, too, seem to have the same claw arrangement, but about twice as wide as the Valeo OE.

Does anyone know? Here's hoping...

E55BOF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom