E320 CDI (W210) Fuel Filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave K

Car
E320 CDi (W210)
Does anyone know where the fuel filter is located on an E320 CDI (W210)? Is there anything much involved in changing it?

Thanks in advance.

For reference, it's behind the oil filter (passenger side on RHD drive car), accessable from the top of the engine bay by removing the big "CDi" cover. Easy to change. Just undo the knurled top (no need to remove the fuel pipes as the lid stays still whilst the kurled top rotates), lift the lid up, pull the old filter out, put the new filter in, remove the rubber seal from the main canister, put the new seal in, refit the lid, and tighten the knurled top. 5 minutes max.

W210 Fuel Filter - Wont start !

I've just changed the fuel filter today and now it wont start ! It was a bugger getting the top off in the first place !

Has anyone got any ideas the only thing I can think of is to top it up with diesel although when I opened it, it didn't appear to be that full. Quite a bit did drip from the old filter though.

Thanks.

Fill it up with fresh diesel and make sure there are no missing o-rings from the new filter or it will draw air in.

You might need a battery charger on hand with all the cranking.....

:) Thanks. Didn't get time to sort it last night but I thought I crank it up this morning & hope for the best and it fired up ok after a little hiccup. Yippee, no need to dismantle everything again.

Had a good run to work and back and runs fine now. I will know for next time to top it up before replacing the top. It wasnt as easy as I first thought as the knurled top is quite tight and difficult to unscrew. In the end I had to buy a Boa Boa rubber wrench to help with the job and it was a well worth it (£10.56 from Machine Mart !). And also there are various uses for it too !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom