E320 CDI wont start after injectors out.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Striker99

Car
E320 cdi
Hopefully I am posting this in the right place. I'm new here today, looking for any ideas / help as getting very frustrated with my E320 CDI engine.

1. Have removed two injectors to fit new seals.
2. Bought injector puller from ebay, pulled injector out but made hole in rocker box cover !
3. Lost tiny ball bearing from inside of injector.
4. Bought replacement injector and fitted. filled hole in rocker box cover.

Now engine shows no sign of firing at all. Any ideas please on why this might be ?

thanks in advance from thoroughly frustrated, Essex !!

providing all is connected back up correctly, it will fire up eventually

If it's a W211 then you will need to get the injector coded

Out of interest, what did you fill the rocker cover with?

Thanks for your quick reply.

I believe its a W210 E320 CDI Saloon 2001.

Filled the hole in the rocker cover with fiberglass type filler.

Would the injector not being coded, stop the car starting ? I'm not a mechanic so not sure what that entails. I thought Id try and ask for help here then pass it on to my more mechanical friend in the morning.

The only reason it won't start is a faulty new injector or the connector isn't on properly.

With no signs of firing, I'd say you still have air in the fuel system.
It can take a strong battery for it to all bleed out...

Thanks for the advice. The battery was weak, so I left it on charge for the night. Fingers crossed for the morning. I'll let you know how I get on.

providing all is connected back up correctly, it will fire up eventually

If it's a W211 then you will need to get the injector coded

Out of interest, what did you fill the rocker cover with?

Not all W211 CDI injectors are coded, if they have a number 4 inside a ring on top of the injector they don't need coding.

:thumb:

Last edited:
Not all W211 CDI injectors are coded, if they have a number 4 inside a ring on top of the injector they don't need coding.

:thumb:

Always learn something new on here :) Thanks for the correction.

@OP

as it's a W210, no coding is needed. You should find with a strong battery it should fire up eventually

As above, if return hoses and o-rings are ok. When they have been changed, is there air bubbles in those /clear lines)? If not changed and you managed to disturb them during injector repair, you may have caused new air leak there and now it cannot produce enough fuel pressure.

Latest update. The engine started with a good crank over but was running on 5 cylinders. Injector 3 didn't appear to be firing. We have had this injector apart so we dismantled it again and made sure everything looked correct. Now the engine shows no sign of firing again !!! Can anyone tell me is there any way of telling if the injector cap is receiving the correct electrical signal to make it fire ? Any other advice please ? Thanks Kev

I would do a leak off test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom