E320 CDI won't start after refueling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HB

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C63 , E350 CDI, C320 CDI, SQ7
Twice now after adding fuel at my local BP, the car won't start first time. It cranks over perfectly but won't fire.

I have to leave it for 3/4 mins after cranking it for the first time till it starts, then it's fine.

Any ideas ???

Il6 engine.

When was the fuel filter last changed? could it also be a possible crank sensor playing up?

Tank was at quarter full. Fuel filter, I'll check that and I'm going to have to get it on Star.

It will be something simple but I was bored so I thought I would start a thread and we can start a useless conversation.

Air bubbles in your fuel lines?

Check the tank filter...the new fuel going into the tank could upset the sludge that might be in that filter.

Unlikely to be air bubbles if the engine is warmed up.

Yes all the above could be possible. So annoying, it's been running beautifully for ages 162k on the clock now as well.

Maybe your E63 has been messing with it when you aren't looking :)

Probably a sensor that's on the edge of tolerance and goes out when the engine gets warm and expands. Allows the engine to start when cold but not when warm.

If it normally starts whether cold or hot, but only has difficulty when fuel has been added...it'll be tank related.

If it normally starts whether cold or hot, but only has difficulty when fuel has been added...it'll be tank related.
That's exactly it I bet.

Maybe your E63 has been messing with it when you aren't looking :)

Probably a sensor that's on the edge of tolerance and goes out when the engine gets warm and expands. Allows the engine to start when cold but not when warm.
You behave and keep away from supermarkets !

Get your Amex card down to the dealer, tell them you can spend boatloads on fixing the problem but they must NOT wash your car after replacing nearly every fuel related part in case they put 'swirl' marks on the paint.

Get your Amex card down to the dealer, tell them you can spend boatloads on fixing the problem but they must NOT wash your car after replacing nearly every fuel related part in case they put 'swirl' marks on the paint.
I would rather put a spike through my member and then LTDs member than give the car to a Glasgow Merc dealer.

HB said:
I would rather put a spike through my member and then LTDs member than give the car to a Glasgow Merc dealer.

Not comfy with that image........

Poor Spike.
He won't be happy either ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom