E320 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domogasuk

Car
E320 cdi
Have herd problems with lack of power e320 cdi I recently towed our caravan to Cornwall 300 miles filled with diesel along the way noticed a distinct loss in power and no kick down any way to cut a long story short I filled up at one of these cut price supermarket chains. So thought will buy more expensive fuel from one of the big brands HEY PRESTO !!! Perfect. These engines do not like inferior fuel.dont forget you are buying cheap fuel not fuel cheap . It might help a lot of people thanks

Have herd problems with lack of power e320 cdi I recently towed our caravan to Cornwall 300 miles filled with diesel along the way noticed a distinct loss in power and no kick down any way to cut a long story short I filled up at one of these cut price supermarket chains. So thought will buy more expensive fuel from one of the big brands HEY PRESTO !!! Perfect. These engines do not like inferior fuel.dont forget you are buying cheap fuel not fuel cheap . It might help a lot of people thanks
That’s not a thing buddy , I’ve been using cheap supermarke fuel for 11 years in my E320cdi, it sounds like your car was in limp mode and when you turned it off and filled up it reset itself

That’s not a thing buddy , I’ve been using cheap supermarke fuel for 11 years in my E320cdi, it sounds like your car was in limp mode and when you turned it off and filled up it reset itself
Maybe and thank you for your post just to reiterate this is the second time this has happened and has not happened since my car is running fine now perhaps you are right

Maybe and thank you for your post just to reiterate this is the second time this has happened and has not happened since my car is running fine now perhaps you are right
The car will probably have logged a fault code even though the engine management light didn’t come on

The car will probably have logged a fault code even though the engine management light didn’t come on
Maybe but my problem no longer exists could be a coincidence but might help someone else

Maybe but my problem no longer exists could be a coincidence but might help someone else
Hi, does your car have a straight six engine or a V6 as a matter of interest. My e320cdi (s210 2002) goes into limp mode every so often and i gather the fix is to decoke the EGR valve and/or do a resistor mod.

Hi, does your car have a straight six engine or a V6 as a matter of interest. My e320cdi (s210 2002) goes into limp mode every so often and i gather the fix is to decoke the EGR valve and/or do a resistor mod.
Hi mine is v 6 another way is to remotely lock the car then remotely unlock the car but don't. Open any doors for 2 minutes it will then self lock then jump in and take it for a ride about 20 minutes going through all the gears

Eml comes on after 6 consecutive same faults.

Hi mine is v 6 another way is to remotely lock the car then remotely unlock the car but don't. Open any doors for 2 minutes it will then self lock then jump in and take it for a ride about 20 minutes going through all the gears

FFS!

Read the posts on Premium fuel. The are countless ones on the Forum

ALL FUEL is made to the same British standard in one of the severn UK refineries . There is no such thing as Supermarket fuel just fuel sold by Supermarkets etc!

Supermarkets sell nearly half of the fuel sold in the UK.

Think about it if your assertion was correct then millions of cars would be affected.

Last edited:
What is this supposed to do?

Yes

In my case it solved the problem perhaps it will not work for you
Solved what problem?

If you mean the lack of power all you did was reset the ECU by cycling the ignition.

Locking the doors etc played no part in this

There will be a fault code or codes stored but you need the correct equipment to read these.

As long as a fault is intermittent then cycling the engine off and on will generally restore the car out of limp mode.

You should get the car checked by someone competent and who knows these cars and their common faults.

Last edited:
Hi and thank you for your post the problem was limp mode and this worked for me
If you use the search function on the forum for om642 limp mode you may get some pointers on what is causing your problem.

Hope this helps Domogasuk :thumb:

Hi and thank you for your post the problem was limp mode and this worked for me
No.

You do not understand.

As I stated above.

Locking and unlocking the doors didn't solve limp mode its the cycling of the engine that does this as long as the fault is intermittent.

As said there will be fault codes if you have the right equipment to scan for them.

It really isn't helpful just posting random "fixes" when it is clear you do not understand what the problem is.

Do you get a rising oil level on your E320 dipstick, I did and discovered the cause is the high pressure pump shaft seal. Its easy to take off and a Bosch dealer will repair it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom