E320 coupe rear elec window

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uk174

Car
,190cosworth,420 sl,
Hi,
can any body advise as to how to change electric motor for rear window on my coupe as window has stopped working.Could it be anything other than motor?

Could easily be the console switch rather than the motor. Have you tried the switch on the rear armrest? The other thing to try is swopping console switches if the other side works.

Dont forget the child lock on the rear switches.

Unusual for a rear motor to go as they generally have much less use. So I'd suspect its more likely to be a simple switch or wiring issue instead.

Dont forget the child lock on the rear switches.

Unusual for a rear motor to go as they generally have much less use. So I'd suspect its more likely to be a simple switch or wiring issue instead.

Are there any? :confused:

Likely to be connections/switches/fuses as mentioned above. Not really a job for this time of year - but: :devil:

Slide front seats as far forward. Lower rear headrests. Release seat squab - push red tag - pull up and out. Locate screws holding seat back - almost invisible, right at bottom. Lift up and out. Locate armrest screws and remove - switch slides out. Unclip flimsy plastic oddment box. Might be another fastening down there - can't remember. Remove chromed capping in door jamb. Release triangular trim where seatbelt arm comes out - just unclips. Pull away weather strip round door opening.

Jiggle side trim upwards and out and note it will be entangled with seat belt. Pull out belt as far as possible and you should be able to maneovre the trim out round outside the car. This is a bugger but it's better than unbolting the whole seatbelt assembly :crazy:

You can then examine the motor, it's mounts and connections and note how the window is moved via a heavy wire cable.

I did all this on my previous 300CE-24 and found it was a combination of a loose mount and a duff connection.

It's a right fiddly job but not actually difficult. If I've forgotten anything, no doubt someone else will chip in.

Re-assemble in reverse order. ;) :D

Are there any? :confused:

Well I have on mine... down in the centre console, there is a switch to disable the rear relectric window switches.

(Well, how often do you use it?) :)

Despite waiting for 14 months to take his first doddery steps (this afternoon apparently :bannana:) Junior B spotted the electric window switch on the car within about 3 miliseconds of being put in his new car seat..

Our dog also does a good line in opening the windows at strange moments by standing on the central console...

So our rear windows are permanently locked..

Ade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom