E320 Estate 2004 - Rear Suspension Dropped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seftonbarn

Car
E350 CDI Estate Blue Efficiency Sport
I returned from a cycle ride to day to notice that the rear suspension had dropped on both sides. I started the engine and the rear generally rose up to the normal position. I have had the car 4 years and have never noticed this before. There are no warnings. I don't think I am going to like what I am about to read but any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
So have you got the rear Self Levelling System? I guess this is a 211, does it have airmatic?

Depending on Airmatic or Hydraulic, can help further. Just need to know the car setup.

Assuming the 211 has air, this thread may help.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/whee...e-self-levelling-rear-suspension-problem.html
Thanks for the response. Yes. It has self levelling suspension. The thread you given is not the same symptoms I'm afraid. My car appears to have levelled itself once the engine is running and there is no warning on the dash.

How long was it parked? If i don't use myn for a few days,it sinks as well. As soon as the engine starts, within a few seconds it starts to rise. it has doen this for years with no dash warnings either.

How long was it parked? If i don't use myn for a few days,it sinks as well. As soon as the engine starts, within a few seconds it starts to rise. it has doen this for years with no dash warnings either.
It was 2 days.

It was 2 days.
I reckon that's ok then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom