E320 Estate 2007 W212 judder when braking...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hotdatum

Car
E Class Estate 320CDI (2007)
Tapping the collective brains for wisdom...

This is similar to other posts but not identical hence the new thread.

Symptoms:

Excessive judder when braking from motorway speeds - I think left front but couldn't swear to it. Some feedback through the steering wheel but mostly through the body.

Detectable just around town if you know it's there.

Most pronounced braking lightly - seems less when braking hard.

Right front tire is excessively worn on outer edge - I think this is tracking?!? Happened previously and had wheels laser aligned six months ago - seems to be back again.

Juddering came on about two months back following a change of pads and disks (Pagid so should be ok). Started very mild - got worse last three weeks.

HELP!!!!

Love the motor - come back smooth ride!!!

Thanks guys.

T

I had similar on a transit, was when the pads were replaced as well, Seemed to be half of the diameter of the disc was polished and the other half was dull, almost like a casting issue and the new pads had exposed the surface issues.
Also have you checked the suspension bushes,. You complain of uneven tyre wear, moderate braking might expose the judder from the bushes flexing and allowing the system to move giving the effect

Sounds very much like mine, but less pronounced. Itvwas down to corrosion behind disc on the hub, causing the disc to be mounted off square. Cleaned up hub, new genuine discs and pads (150+vat) and its now perfect. We were also quite **** about cleaning up inside the caliper and the pins.

Ok - so we changed the front left disk - which was warped. All been peachy for 2,000 miles. Today I felt the start of the judder again.

Arrrrggghhhhh.

Any thoughts on an underlying cause?

Thanks guys.

T

We changed both! Should have made that clear. Judder is left side again.

Track rod ends

Binding calliper?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom