E320 front bumper impact strip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shirleydrive

Car
E320 w210 1998 61K
The Impact strip on my E320 (pre-facelift) was scuffed/cracked on both corners so decided to replace. Found ECP had a suitable replacement for around £26 (£20 after using MBCLUB25 discount code) and free delivery. The part duly arrived and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of this Chinese copy moulding.
My vehicle is the standard Brilliant Silver- 744 paint code but the bumper inserts side strips etc are a darker shade of silver/grey. The correct colour for this is Article Grey - paint code 7181. I got the paint in "The Range" for £4.99. You would also need a can of clear coat lacquer, also £4.99.
Sprayed the part with 4 coats of primer/filler, left for a day then rubbed down with 1000 grade wet and dry. Applied 3/4 coats of the base coat ,left for an hour then applied 4/5 coats of clear lacquer. Total cost of paint £15. It is definitely necessary to remove the complete bumper assembly to be able to replace the impact strip. This operation is quite straightforward .. It involves the removal of 2 bolts 2 nuts and the unplugging of the 2 off lamps.
If anyone requires further info please PM me
Mike

It is definitl

Sorry for the typo. Bumper colour should read ARCTIC GRAY, not article grey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom