E320 injector seals 2006

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twoticks

Car
06' E320cdi estate .2010 sprinter 313
hello.
2nd forum post ever. i'm new to all this.
Since buying E20cdi estate in Sept 15 at 101k, my left bank injectors have failed twice.
1 week after purchase, smell of deisel led back to MB indy nr Leicester and injector seal fixed. On colder days, the car was/is rough to start and noisy like a wooden cupboard vibrating in transmission tunnel. Garage found no fault. late november a smell of diesel led back to garage with second fault on same passenger side of V6 as previous.
The garage quoted and argument ensued over warranty and previous work.
Of course ,the garage did not confirm which injector on either repair or receipt.
car collected last week - please read below WHY it took so long.
Immediately we had smell of diesel but naively felt it must be cleaning solvent from repair. Then the car took 10seconds to turn start, then it drunk 5 gallons, then it dumped diesel at the Mrs' carpark.
The car was recovered to same garage as instructed by solicitor and insisted by garage 'for inspection to see if it's our repair issue.
I've since found these forums with some contrary views . The injectors seem a known fault. The garage says wear n tear but 101k now 105k is still young .

The garage since purchase has proved reticent , uncaring ( but very polite about quoting more and more work), with no written warranty that proved unless anyway. we hate the car, the garage , and see little way out without losing thousands.

Any guidance welcome, to reignite our choice of our first Mercedes being the right choice.

THANKYOU.

1st forum ever and 1st MB car brought in Sept 2015 with useless warranty from Mb indy in leicester. I also have issue's with injectors on this 101k E320cdi 2006 facelift avntgarde estate brought for £7500.
1/Since purchase ,the lights were very poor so issue raised with supplying garage who found no fault on diagnostic. I replaced bulbs with Osram upgrades. Now plenty light but poor range offering little confidence at speed over 40 on A roads.
Please note my 'work' is nationwide in my own 906 sprinter running Ozzy Nightbreakers+. My eyesight is exceptional for my age.
2/The garage again offered no solution on enquiry.and sometimes the lights failed intermittantly on left mainly, and also did not dance a jiggle or level off.
3/ I used a drive thru car wash in November. within days LH light failed and then RH. The garage on dismantling front of car diagnosed water in both Controllers and quoted £170each. On delivery they were wrong ,and the right parts would be £420 each.
This infuriated me . the garage denied any warrenty issue, and i took to the web. I ordered new units from German ebay for £240 delivered , and found that it's a known issue that water gets into the lights and electronics.
Garage fitted units for labour costs and car was in garage from Dec 8 to Jan 4 as parts got lost over christmas.

Car collected last week, and within 1 day ,LH lift failed completely. I have lost faith in garage, BUT they are inspecting it right now as solicitor says i must allow them another chance to fix. along with repeating injector seals failing, i have no wish to keep car. the fiancee primary user having lost all faith on her purchase choice, and the garage reticent and lacking any empathy or service standards other than billing us more.

Please advise on anything you read here. it would be much apprec

Sounds like a nightmare and a bit of a duffer . Never heard about injectors been a problem on the v6 or the lights. Hope you get this resolved and such a shame as I think my cars brilliant.

If the garage is taking short cuts, then it will leak every time. They MUST use new stretch bolts and MUST ensure it is all spotless. It may require the seats to be cut too, again they need to know what they are doing.

It doesn't sound like you have a bad car, it's the garage that don't seem to know what they are doing

Also sometimes the injectors also cause a leak as well as the seals. The injector wears at bottom.

Hi. The same garage has reported back to 'offer' to repair. they have found a fuel line ajar, a low pressure 1? so as goodwill ,it's free labour and half price parts at £62- +vat.
Thats the same fuel line they admit has been subject to a lot of fitting and removal. also they want permission to charge to take apart front end to access lights to find fault.
Again ,i can only say how MB leicester, sister company to nottingham, do not come close to 'exceeding your expectation' - thats the bus advert tagline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom