E320 Limp mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

putbinoot

Car
2007 E320 cdi
Car keeps going into limp mode with the turbo actuator code although i have an recon unit fitted is there anything else i should be looking at that might also be responsible for this code. Also have the 4.7kohm resistor on the swirl flap motor connector. Thanks for any input.

Back pressure sensor.

Back pressure sensor.
Funny you should mention that, i have had that fault come up when i floored it trying to get egr to pop out. Is this sensor somewhere near the turbo. Think i have found it, maybe buy one and see how it goes, looks like £52 from MB.

Last edited:
Think its more nearer the egr iirc.

sept 19 489.jpg
It's the new bit on the end of the grey horizontal cable pic centre, close to the bulkhead.

Well after borrowing a deep 24mm socket i thought i would take it out and give it a clean with some brake cleaner and cotton buds. Just back from taking car for a spin and it did not go in to limp mode, would like to get excited as she drives nice when going well but will see how it goes, thanks again for the help.

Well after borrowing a deep 24mm socket i thought i would take it out and give it a clean with some brake cleaner and cotton buds. Just back from taking car for a spin and it did not go in to limp mode, would like to get excited as she drives nice when going well but will see how it goes, thanks again for the help.
Theres a pin hole in it somewhere that clogs. I only found this out after i replaced mine. This sensor is a very common problem on mercs.

Theres a pin hole in it somewhere that clogs. I only found this out after i replaced mine. This sensor is a very common problem on mercs.
Will take it out again as I have just went for another run and we are back in limp mode, think I might need to bite the bullet and take it to merparts for a diagnostics session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom