E320 pre wired for CD changer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cromerelegance

Car
E320 Elegance
Hi

Having recently acquired my E320 Elegance I find I am without the original MB radio (Audio 10 I presume?). I would like to find a second hand version and note a siginificant difference in price between the CD version and Radio/Cassette with CD button. As such I was hoping to buy the latter and put my Jaguar CD Changer in the boots. However I do not know if the car has bee npre-wired for the changer or not? If yes where do I find the flying lead, if no the what is the simplest fix. The difference is simply £20 for the radio/cassette as I have changer already or nearer £100 plus for CD version but only single CD unless the wiring issues resolved!

Also any comments on my car. E320 1997 75k genuine miles, Service booked stamped with regular MB then independent services usually around 7/10k intervals. Bodywork 98%, interior beige leather, air con, heated seats, traction, 5 speed box, all in v.good condition. No MOT advisory, taxed July, mot sept, New spare, Pirelli's all round and good cond. all for £1500. Good deal?

Hi

Having recently acquired my E320 Elegance I find I am without the original MB radio (Audio 10 I presume?). I would like to find a second hand version and note a siginificant difference in price between the CD version and Radio/Cassette with CD button. As such I was hoping to buy the latter and put my Jaguar CD Changer in the boots. However I do not know if the car has bee npre-wired for the changer or not? If yes where do I find the flying lead, if no the what is the simplest fix. The difference is simply £20 for the radio/cassette as I have changer already or nearer £100 plus for CD version but only single CD unless the wiring issues resolved!

Also any comments on my car. E320 1997 75k genuine miles, Service booked stamped with regular MB then independent services usually around 7/10k intervals. Bodywork 98%, interior beige leather, air con, heated seats, traction, 5 speed box, all in v.good condition. No MOT advisory, taxed July, mot sept, New spare, Pirelli's all round and good cond. all for £1500. Good deal?

The Cd changer from your Jaguar almost certainly wont fit/work in the car sadly.

There is a forum member here who may well be selling a pre-D2B Mercedes CD changer. I will contact him and see if he is selling.

Thanks Alfie for pointing me this way.

I have a changer , model number MC3296 , i bought it to fit my car , but my car has comand and it is the wrong changer for it.

I paid £30 plus P and P for it from another member , you can have it for the same , i've only had it a couple of weeks.

You would need to source a cable for it , but i'm sure Alfie can help you with that.

thanks

Thanks Alfie & Howard, will certainly bear your kind offers in mind. hoping to win a CD Radio on Ebay and if so that resolves the first part of the problem, if not back to Radio/Cassette and changer theory!

Why would the Jag unit not work? I had this in a XJ8 and swapped it with my Alpine Unit, which then went with the car many years back. There were no issues with interchangeability there, what are the differences here with MB? I am new to this marque so virginal in many respects.

Just like you cant use a Sony cd changer with a Kenwood headunit a Jaguar cd changer wouldnt work with a Mercedes headunit. They wouldnt even use the same connection.

Mercedes use fibre optic connection for the cd changer. If you go down the cassette and changer route make sure you get the correct combination as there are two different fibre optics system in Mercedes, the older D2B and the newer MOST.

The amount you spend on an audio 10, you could buy a better aftermarket single din cd / radio.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom