E320: Rear interior lighting cluster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davred61

Car
Merc E Class E320 2007 W211
I am confused!! We have recently acquired a 2007 E320 and I can't figure out the rear passenger roof-mounted lighting!

The behaviour does not seem to be as the handbook describes so....

On the front panel, if I use the switch marked for rear lighting, all of the footwell lights come on for about 30 seconds. The rear reading lamps work fine but the other two lamps do not light up...I've checked the bulbs and all OK - there appear to be two switches that indicate they might dim and brighten the rear lamps but no effect at all.

There's small panel in the rear unit that seems to be permanently open and I'm guessing it's part of the alarm system. No mention in the handbook of this!!

Lastly, when I had the fitting out of the roof, I noticed that the multi-pin connect had only 3 wires connected - two further lines on the feeding ribbon cable being cut back.

The two images below are the same as mine - except that the rear grid is open enough to allow for the sensors to be seen.

Please can anyone un-confuse me??

Thanks!
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
The panel that comes down are motion sensors for the alarm if I remember correctly, but it should only come down when the car is locked, and for the ambient lighting, you have to keep hold of the "brighten" button not just press it

Thanks @ayvo..I think my unit must be faulty as the sensor panel remains down locked or unlocked.

Ambient lighting dimmers definitely not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom