e320 Sport 18" AMG Wheels - Pressures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve320

Car
Mercedes e320 Sport
Hi Everyone,

Despite a search of previous posts I can't find an answer on this one, so wondered if anyone could advise me what are the correct pressures are for my 320 Sport with 18" alloys?

Tyre sizes are 245/40 on the front and 265/35 at the rear. Currently they are inflated to 33 front and 34 rear and car handles well, albeit with a slight pull to the left (but I've read the forum posts on that subject and may well end up at WIM some day soon)!

All four tyres are Continental and in v.good condition tread wise.

Thanks in advance for any help for a first time Mercedes owner. :bannana:

Look in the fuel flap. I reckon 29 at the frontand 32 at the back.

I think they are higher than that, I run 34 / 36 personally, but as said if you look on the inside of your filler flap the information is all there.

Also, mine has been to WIM and had the camber bolts changed, the whole car re-aligned, it still pulls to the left!

I run the same size wheels as you and use 36 all round.

Thank you gents,

The fuel flap info says 29 / 32 but wasn't sure if that was the label for standard wheels or reflected the fact it has AMG hubs?

John - at 36 all round I assume tyre wears ok and you don't get the centre of the treads knocked out?

As a supplementary question does anyone know how to set / reset the tyre pressure monitoring system with the required pressures? My car has the 'basic' monitoring system that warns you when tyre pressures are low, rather than the one where it tells you what the actual pressures are, so assume that the figures are set at time of car build by Mercedes?

Amgs will run different pressures due to different engine weights , suspension settings etc. do what it says on the fuel cap. It's fine.

No, I get perfectly even tyre wear throughout (having had over inflation issues on an M3 in the past, I'm quite wise to that).

My filler cap states 35 all round, and as HB states I am running an AMG, however, I don't personally believe an E280CDI will be massively different in weight so I would run the same pressures on that if I had one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom