E320 Steering Fluid Lose???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2toast

Car
E300 Turbo Diesel
:doh:
E320 CDI estate this has suddenly starting to lose a lot of steering fluid whilst on journeys...when I have checked I cant find the source of the leak?

I need help..anybody got any ideas where this is going before I become broke keep replacing the fluid??:wallbash:

The steering fluid is also the rear suspension fluid. A burst pipe over the rear axle caused loss of fluid on my car last year. Have a look under the rear of the car...it will be obvious because of the wetness.

Or I could be wrong...the 211 has air suspension at the rear.

:doh:
E320 CDI estate this has suddenly starting to lose a lot of steering fluid whilst on journeys...when I have checked I cant find the source of the leak?

I need help..anybody got any ideas where this is going before I become broke keep replacing the fluid??:wallbash:

Have you checked around the power steering pump for leaks?

Steering rack seals leaking perhaps?

Had a previous car (not a 211) which did that with no visible leaks under the car as the rack gaiter / boot contained the leak.

the car is the W210 Model if that helps there is no signs of leaks I will check rear suspension and the front steering gatior
another problem is the heater never gets really hot on full is this an easy fix any suggestions please?

The heater not getting really hot might be something as simple as a faulty thermostat not closing fully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom