E320 steering judder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John Bowles

Last July we collected the E320 from Germany and drove it back with a heavy wheel judder at 60 miles 2,000 rpm. The dealer was informed of the problem and we were told it would be sorted at the PDI.

Since then the car has been back to the dealer numerous times with the promise that it will be resolved, all they did was to send it across the road for a wheel balance which did not solve the problem.

The dealer's engineers all agree that there is a judder in the steering, but the funny thing the engineer from Mercedes Milton Keynes head office could not see anything wrong.

The dealer replaced the wheels and tyres but the judder was still present. So they had yet another go with the help of an Engineer from Milton Keynes. They have now said that the steering dampers have been adjusted. The judder isn't visible but the steering is lumpy and harder when turining right or left.

Another dealer was questioning what dampers! as they are integrated in the steering, and that my dealer should not have tampered with the unit.

Does any one with E320 have similar problem?
Can anyone tell me if the dampers can be adjusted?
Can anyone E-mail me a steering column/dampers diagram please?
To: [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom