E320 v 530; pic comparison

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Le Burpor

Car
2004 E320; 2002 A160
A friend came by with his BMW 530 so I took the opportunity to take some side by side shots of his car and mine. These were taken at night and without a tri pod so the quality is not that great. Nevertheless, it'll give some good comparison on how both cars compare in the 'looks' department. I must also state that the BMW had the better lighting due to its position...

evb01.jpg

evb02.jpg

evb03.jpg

evb04.jpg

evb05.jpg

evb06.jpg

I still think the E wins in the looks department.

Having had a chance to drive the 530, I must admit it is a fun car to drive. Very smooth, very responsive and the Active Steering is a fantastic feature. It also felt like the 530 had more cabin room in comparison to the E320....strange...

Well done that man!

Like you say mate, a great opportunity for a photo shoot.

I think the dark setting flatters the 5, personally I very much prefer the look of the E but the 5 does look pretty good in these shots.

Cheers
OG

Hmm, never thought it would, but the new 5s looks are beginning to grow on me. Still couldn't live with the crap interior though

Cheers
Andy

I didn't know that MG / Rover styled the front of the 5. Its a cross between a 214, 75 and MGF.
One of my neibours has one and I'm still not sure.

I think the 5 is too rounded looking in this new edge world, also the E seems to have more presence.

Its a shame those Aussie numberplates of yours don't fit the space on the front of the W211 . . . you can see all the screw holes :( Want us to post you some UK Style ones to finish it off nicely? ;)

S.

I saw two new 5's today, they look okay but dont really stand out from the other cars on the road like the E does.

I am not too sure about the Dame Edna style front lights but it might grow on you.

I quite like the look of the new Megane now.:crazy:

Shall I get my coat now?

Test drove the 5 series and it was OK, but in the end you can't deny the 5 & 7 series are plain ugly IMHO.

Give me a E everytime....

Gav.

i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. me, i love the new bmw's - especially the Z4.

Originally posted by jimmy

I quite like the look of the new Megane now.:crazy:

Shall I get my coat now?

I loved the Megane at the motor show last year and still think it looks good inside and out.
Also have recently become a fan of the Fiat Stilo 3 door. Like a Golf only sharper.

>> Shall I get my coat now?

YES!!!

Gav.

Originally posted by jimmy
...the Dame Edna style front lights.....[/I]
rotfl.gif

ps Got to say that I think the new 7 is very tasty - hated it at first though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom