E320 vibrating :eek:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ADR1AN

Car
2002 E320cdi, 2000 CLK 320, 116 VITO
Hello all

I have a 2002 E320 cdi estate. Today I have developed a strange development. When at idle in any gear selection or moving slowly in drive or reverse I get a strong vibration.
At normal road speeds it drive just fine.

Any ideas? I'm going to hook it up to the star tomorrow to see if there are any codes, I'll update as they come in.

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Last edited:
As suggested sounds like engine mounts, i replaced mine at 92k they were very well compressed.

Cool thanks. I've seen 2 at euro's ocaps at £50 and corteco at £70. Any suggestions on which ones or should I go to merc for originals.

My experience with Ocap parts is O c r a p.
The suspension arm lasted two week befor the rubber gave way.
The guy at ecp said they were always getting returns from them.
Corteco are ok but get a quote from MB and ask for a discount, you normally get 10%. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Tony

Cool thanks. I've seen 2 at euro's ocaps at £50 and corteco at £70. Any suggestions on which ones or should I go to merc for originals.

The Oem ones are Boge, Corteco are very good, i replaced mine with Febi ones which just so happen to be boge the same as the Originals.

It's not a great job to do so would definitely fit the best you can.

Cool thanks guys, I'll be doing them on Tuesday.
Is there any tips or is it like any other engine mounts.

Job done, a little awkward on the exhaust side but a huge difference. When I inspected them the os one was missing the bottom bolt completely and the ns one had torn the centre out. No wonder the car was vibrating.

Thanks again for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom