Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grayboots

Car
W210 E320CDI
Hi,
Does anybody have a wiring diagram for the throttle position sensor. Im getting an error (P1222). This doesnt normally cause a problem but just occasionally i jump to limp mode normally just when i dont need it!

I have already changes the sensor, cleared the code but it came straight back. My star tester shows the 6 pin connector with 5 pins present. There are 2x sensors one running low to high, the other is high to low. Im also seeing a 0-100% response of live data based on the pedal position( im not entirely sure if this is a comparator circuit looking for a phase difference to judge the actual position). Im a bit confused by the 2x sensor ground wires. Do these actually run to a ground connection or are they delt with at the ECU. the wire from sensor 1 ground shows 0ohm to earth, i need to know if the wire at pin 6 (sensor 2 ground) should also be at ground..
A wiring diagram would be really helpfull.......anyone got one ?

cheers

graham

you have not given much info on your car so here's a stab at making some sense of the wiring for a

IFI Control Module
R25/2 is listed as the Sensor. 6 pins

1,5&6 Sensor1 all pins back to N3/7
4,3&2 Sensor2. 4&3 back to N3/7 pin 2 Earth

On N37/3 pin 29 and 24 are the sensor supply voltage, should be as near to 5v as poss
Pin 39 and pin 15 are the signal inputs, closed circa .2 to .5v WOT 3.7 to 4.8v

ME-SFI Control Module
5 wires connecting directly to N3/10
6,8,19,7&18

7 sensor 2 signal input closed .1 to .4v open 2.1 to 2.5v
8 sensor 1 signal input closed .2 to .5v open 4.3 to 4.8v

Last edited:
E320 CDI throttle

Hi,
Thanks for such a quick reply and sorry for the lack of vehicle info in the post.
The car is a E320CDI its quite an old one (2002) 02 plate.
Its a W210 with an om613 engine.
Im not sure of the control box type, i always assumed it was a CDI engine controller.

I definitely have a 6 pin plug with 5 positions populated. I will remove the cover and see if there is any info in the ECU itself

cheers

graham

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom