E320 W211 SBC query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davebdaddykool

Car
E Class Estate
HI All

I hope one of you can help I have just purchased a E Class 320 Estate with the dreaded brake failure lamp on after having the brake system check over I have been informed that the SBC is faulty and does not just require a reset of the usage timing. My question is can anyone tell me how I can find out the exact part number of the SBC pump needed there seems to be hundreds and I am not totally sure that someone has tried to fit a wrong part in the past.

Where are you based?

Once known, someone will recommend a good garage garage near you to sort it out.

For example, if you are in the south east, PCS in Horndean will have a go at a reset and only charge if successful. I have had this done on my old W211 CDI... No further warnings afterwards.

Last edited:
Hi,
Both the BOSCH and the MB Pt. No. are stamped directly on top of the SBC unit.

Thanks for comments guys

The failure of brakes was not the normal one i.e. hard pedal but a very spongy one which has been diagnosed by a very MB knowledgeable source as an internal problem with the SBC not just a timed out problem. With some research I have managed to source a brand new Bosch replacement (all part numbers matching and checked against the VIN. number) direct from Germany for less than a 1K Eu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom