E320Carlson Sportline Cabriolet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep. Still using the same pics, and he's added a couple of grand since last time I saw it.

For what looks to be a lovely car, why does it not sell?

Too expensive?

Condition in the flesh?

Just found it on pistinheads at £15k and so perhaps the\£10k ebay start is\misleading and explains why its been around.

Last edited:
I like it although agree its been for sale a long long time...

At 12K (say) it looks worth it and a nice car.

The bonnet is a very acquired taste, and Carlsson of the era doesn't have the AMG kudos, so it's a bit of a mongrel really, and not something to pay a premium for. I'd value it at less than a standard car with the same miles.

it just seems wrong to me

slightly too good to be true but also dubious about the fact its odd

every w124 on ebay is an 2.2 amg sportline brabus with chrome bits

"... the engine is uprated..."
I'd love to know how.

Apart from the bonnet it's a lovely looking car. Maybe it's not so good in the flesh? Anyone seen it?

Carlsson w124s are extremely rare...their parts are also very rare relative to AMG/Brabus/Lorinser etc which are so common on ebay.de.

And Carlsson cars were absolutely beautiful - they did do full suspension, exhaust and drivetrain packages for the w124, but if this car has them, then the seller should maximise those features with more photos / docs.

A lovely looking car, but the price in this economic climate is unrealistic. However, if the car is the full Carlsson nine yards, then 12k is far too cheap.

talbir

I agree.Very rare car and MD5:eek:nly the exhaust cost half the price of a standart cab with same mileage

I agree.Very rare car and MD5:eek:nly the exhaust cost half the price of a standart cab with same mileage

Perhaps that's the problem. I suggested it was worth less than a standard cab because it didn't sell at £8k, three years ago.

I needn't even open the link to know it's that blue one!
As mentioned it seems to spend it's life for sale, always comes up in the Summer months and always over-priced!

It's a lovely car, but no air con and the bonnet put me off!
If it has a Carlsson 37 engine (290bhp) it would be worth the money. If it had the 37RS engine (340bhp), it would be astonishing value!

Darren

I needn't even open the link to know it's that blue one!
As mentioned it seems to spend it's life for sale, always comes up in the Summer months and always over-priced!

It's a lovely car, but no air con and the bonnet put me off!
If it has a Carlsson 37 engine (290bhp) it would be worth the money. If it had the 37RS engine (340bhp), it would be astonishing value!

Darren
I was thinking the same reg the AC,but hey:Who needs an AC on a cab?:cool:

At least he's changed the ad after 3 years........always used to have a "special 6 spd auto" :doh:

i like it not to sure about the colour tho

seen it for sale many of times tho .

Has any one seen it in flesh?

Looks like an R129 bonnet & grille?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom