E320cdi AG Est B service costs?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnny-P

Car
2016 GLE 250d 4MATIC AMG Line
Hi all

As per title i was wondering what the cost for a B service i should expect from my local indy compared to MB dealer??

I have been quoted £320+vat from my indy is that about right??

Do MB have a set structured pricing??

Only had the car for 6k and it's my first Merc so also the first service by me,just making sure i'm not getting ripped off...

Cheers

John

I appreciate that but unfortunately i'm no mechanic and neither have the tools or space to do it (maybe in my younger years)!!! ;-)

Depending on what is exactly due on your B service, the last time I looked it was £300 at the main dealer.

Ring them and ask.

How old is it? It's not one of the ones that's covered under the fixed price servicing is it?

^ I asked about that with the wifes B class...

Fixed price service £299

ooh but it needs brake fluid, Air filter, fuel filter oooh and now its also in need of a ATF change.

All of a sudden the £299 service is £650 +

I do wonder what the £299 charge is for....Maybe thats the two tea breaks in between fitting the bits :)

Where are you johnny-p

^ I asked about that with the wifes B class...

Fixed price service £299

ooh but it needs brake fluid, Air filter, fuel filter oooh and now its also in need of a ATF change.

All of a sudden the £299 service is £650 +

I do wonder what the £299 charge is for....Maybe thats the two tea breaks in between fitting the bits :)

SWMBO has a B-diesel and we just had the A-serivce done. Fine - £159 not cheap but it's 40+ quids of oil anyway.

I asked what the B service was and they said "more extensive checks and it includes the air/pollen/fuel filter, but they are extra"....must read what IS included again, as I'm sure it says the £299 INCLUDES the filters etc.

D.

Put your car details in here Mercedes-Benz ESS to see what's needed. It's helpful if you know when the "additional item" jobs were last carried out.

B service includes the oil and pollen filters. Fuel and air filters are "additional items".

Some dealers have service pricing on their websites, which is good as a reference point. They will usually negotiate too.

Hi
Its 2004 160k Full MB history until the last one before i bought it...

Paid the main dealer a visit today.
They said the service would come under their fixed price scheme and would be £349 incl vat-not too bad i thought.....
I then asked if there would be any additional charges as i didnt want any shocks...
He looked my car up on his system and lo and behold yes there would be additional costs....
Combination filter £49.
Brake fluid £99.
Fuel filter £120.
AND FINALLY Air filter element £105.
So the cost goes from £349 to £722 in a flash.
£320 plus vat from my local indy sounds pretty good to me as this will include all the above!!!!
As said in OP this is my first Merc and first time for servicing(glad i asked a few questions)!!!
INDY all the way for me!!!!

Paid the main dealer a visit today.

Combination filter £49.

Someone who could talk to you about servicing was there on a Sunday? :eek:

I'm pretty sure the combi (pollen) filter is included in the B service (it'll be mentioned in the ESS link I posted previously). But what the heck, why not charge customer's extra for it anyway. :rolleyes:

Sorry i meant Yesterday......

The chap gave me a full ESS report and highlighted the things that would be extra(incl combi(pollen)filter.)

Unfortunately being a bit green around the gills re; Mercedes i have to take his word...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom