E320CDi estate 2000 44k for £20999, sound ok?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dave10

I'm thinking about the above from a main stealership.
sound ok?
its a Classic model. obligitory silver.
one owner. no other extras.
genuine motor.
long term ownership planned.

thoughts appreciated.

merry Christmas

dave10 said:
sound ok?
genuine motor.

thoughts appreciated.

merry Christmas

Depends what mileage you are going to do? :confused:

The present mileage is a bit high for a 3 to 3.5 year old??? :( :(

As it has no extras for your money and is only the basic Classic model I would personally look around a bit more before you decide on this one mate.

Brian WH said:
Depends what mileage you are going to do? :confused:

The present mileage is a bit high for a 3 to 3.5 year old??? :( :(

As it has no extras for your money and is only the basic Classic model I would personally look around a bit more before you decide on this one mate.
i only do about 8-10k
plan 5year own.

guess depends how desperate he is to of load it.

dave10 said:
sound ok?
genuine motor.

thoughts appreciated.

merry Christmas

Sounds expensive to me. Do a search for E320Cdi in the £20-22K range on the MB UK official site for used cars and there seem to be some better bargins.

http://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/pc/index.html

dave10 said:
i only do about 8-10k
plan 5year own.

guess depends how desperate he is to of load it.
Found this on Parkers guide. Not sure if classic listed

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Estate
E320 CDi Elegance 5d Tip Auto 2000/X
Average mileage: 30,000 miles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Price £ 32720
Dealer Retail £ 20885
Private Good £ 19645
Private Poor £ 14515
Trade £ 17080

I would seriously wait till Jan 04 when book values of used cars will due to new year.

I bought my car and offered about 500 above trade. Dealer laughed at first but in the end came so close to it.

2000 E320 CDI Elegance
Brilliant Silver with Galaxy Blue Cloth

Detailed Information
Mileage: 52801
Price: £18950
Body style: Estate
Engine capacity: 3222cc
Transmission: Automatic
Engine: Diesel

Benefits of Approved Used Programme
Used car warranty cover
Roadside assistance cover
Multi-point check
Vehicle history and mileage checks
MOT test failure cover
Tyre protection cover
Exchange Plan
Accident Management Cover
Servicing

Equipment

ABS
Airbag
Alloy Wheels
Electric Windows
Immobiliser
Air Conditioning
Alarm
Central Door Locking
Heated Seats
Power Steering

This in Shrewsbury garage

Over 5 years I'm sure you'll be happier with an Elegance with Leather, Aircon etc. Does the classic have aircon? If not I'd forget it!

Brian WH said:
2000 E320 CDI Elegance
Brilliant Silver with Galaxy Blue Cloth

DONT buy a car with a blue interior unless youre getting an ultra good deal .The only interior colours are black and grey. ESP the estate as the interior colour is also carried into the load bay making it as useful as some underwater soap :p lol

Yes the E320 CDI classic has aircon.

fuzzer said:
DONT buy a car with a blue interior unless youre getting an ultra good deal .The only interior colours are black and grey. ESP the estate as the interior colour is also carried into the load bay making it as useful as some underwater soap :p lol

Yes the E320 CDI classic has aircon.

underwater soap , good line.

i've now seen better deals on autotrader. many thanks from all.

dave10 said:
sound ok?
genuine motor.

thoughts appreciated.

merry Christmas

Personally I would go for Avantgarde spec as it doesn't feel floaty.

The price is top whack, as you would expect from a franchised dealer, but you get a good warranty.

MB dealers, like all others are not adverse to haggling. I deducted a grand off the price of my car before I even went to see it, then i had another grands worth of work done to the car as part of the deal, then some more after I took delivery. All in not too bad! ;)

Funny this should come up. I'm on the verge (virge?) of buying an E320 CDi Elegance Estate for £17450. Silver (of course), Avantgarde chassis pack (including 17" wheels), heated seats, electric memory seats, black leather, parking distance control, 7 seats, Xenon lights. 71000 miles with full MB service history. First class condition, 2000 (W). Does this sound a bit pricey?

Dave K said:
Funny this should come up. I'm on the verge (virge?) of buying an E320 CDi Elegance Estate for £17450. Silver (of course), Avantgarde chassis pack (including 17" wheels), heated seats, electric memory seats, black leather, parking distance control, 7 seats, Xenon lights. 71000 miles with full MB service history. First class condition, 2000 (W). Does this sound a bit pricey?

Sounds not too bad to me. 320 CDI's always get top money. Looks like an great spec on that one too. the 7 seats is a worthwhile option when it comes to resale. One of the few options you get your money back on.

Dave K said:

Worth haggling because of the higher than average mileage mate. :(

Otherwise a nice machine all round. :bannana:

Tiny bit more thirsty, but MB Swindon are advertising a 2000 E430 Avantgarde estate with ~45k miles for £19850 - looks like a lot of car for the cash.......

Many thanks to Jason and Brian for replying (E320 CDI Estate for £17450). Picked it up on Saturday and VERY VERY pleased. AG chassis pack makes the handling so good for such a large car. Only used half a tank of diesel coming back from Chester to Eastbourne - and I wasn't hanging about either. It's a VERY well looked after car.

Dave,

What's the script on your W210? Spec. price etc. I may be interested if it's still available.

Jukie

Dave K said:
Many thanks to Jason and Brian for replying (E320 CDI Estate for £17450). Picked it up on Saturday and VERY VERY pleased. AG chassis pack makes the handling so good for such a large car. Only used half a tank of diesel coming back from Chester to Eastbourne - and I wasn't hanging about either. It's a VERY well looked after car.

I'm pleased that you are happy Dave. ENJOY :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom