e320cdi injector dismantling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigbanger

Car
w210 E320CDi avantgarde
Today I started to tackle a couple of leaky injector seals on my W210.I have new seals/stretch bolts,injector grease and a tap from Hudson precision to clean up the threads.

I soaked overnight in coke and took it for a run to heat the engine and have spent the past couple of hours wiggling the injector from side to side it seems to me moving a small amount but won't come out.

My question is this,I have a Laser 3 piece injector pulling set and have used the window socket to remove the solenoid and little spring from the top of the injector-is it ok to dismantle the cdi injectors in this way?

i wouldnt do it that way .remove the bolt and the metal bracket and the get the proper one it goes in wer the bracket was it will be alot easier to do with the proper tool u might wreck the injector doing it with that other tool

Too late now!Have the injector dismantled,screwed the puller down into the injector and turned-result injector has not budged but the puller has put a small crack in the rocker cover that may repair I'll go at it tomorrow again aaaarrrrrghhhhhh!:mad:

Hi, I have recently replaced the copper washer on my E320cdi, found it best to get the engine hot with the screw undone by about 1mm while engine is running. The black gunk will go soft when hot. Turned the injector back and forth and levered it out with a big screwdriver. Came out OK.

Hi, I have recently replaced the copper washer on my E320cdi, found it best to get the engine hot with the screw undone by about 1mm while engine is running. The black gunk will go soft when hot. Turned the injector back and forth and levered it out with a big screwdriver. Came out OK.
I'll give that a go tomorrow mate if I have no sucess levering etc thanks

Will be interested to hear how you get on, as I have the same issue, and have purchased the same tool, as it looked the best for the job.
I must admit that cracking the rocker cover was something that I thought might happen, but was re-assured by the write up on the tool.

I have three injectors to re-seal, so three times the chance of cracking the rocker cover :eek:

Keep us posted, and good luck.

Invest in the Mercedes claw / slide hammer tool. Makes the job so easy with no damage to the injector. Costs about £40 but well worth it. It has saved me many hours of wiggling. Time is money.

Anyway quick update I rented an injectorpuller set from Hudson precision engineering and this evening I removed all 6 injectors:)

Tomorrow I am taking them to a Bosch diesel centre to be bench tested etc.

The Hudson kit screws onto both the inner and outer threads of the injector giving a very solid hold and has a substantial slide hammer-after using this kit I realised how futile my previous efforts were in trying to remove my injectors.

Dismantling the injectors is a bit fiddly-there is a tiny ball bearing at the last stage of dismantling about the size of that in a ball point pen.

I'll be glad to have the old girl up and running again-hopefully with some more oomph and a bit more mpg!

injector removal

Hi Bigbanger, did you use a seating tool before reassembling the injectors?

Invest in the Mercedes claw / slide hammer tool. Makes the job so easy with no damage to the injector. Costs about £40 but well worth it. It has saved me many hours of wiggling. Time is money.

Hi Ian

do you know where i can get one of these tools from, got the same problem myself and i was just about to buy one of the other types of injector puller when i read this?

James

Hi Bigbanger, did you use a seating tool before reassembling the injectors?
I used a mercedes tool to clean up the seats it's just a small wire brush with a handle and 6 little inserts to stop debris going down the injector holes.

I ended up purchasing 1 exchange injector and getting my other 5 overhauled-now waiting on my new rocker cover and clamps.

Does anyone know if I will have to have my injectors coded?As above I have 1 exchange and 5 others overhauled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom