E320CDI or E300D + Home Made BioDiesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
bio

anyone needs advice on biodiesel-let me know don't believe the idiots

I have made my own bio for 5 years and 100000 miles with no pproblems in a common rail passat assured by merc engineers that .y 2004 320 cdi will have no problems.

Fantastic thanks! I am soon to start trying to make my own, gotta learn how to use my production plant first!!!! (and find veg oil supply!)

I know someone who runs a 2006 (rusty) Vito on bio, so cdis will stand it.

But bio is so last decade, black diesel is the new kid on the block...

I have made my own bio for 5 years and 100000 miles with no pproblems in a common rail passat assured by merc engineers that .y 2004 320 cdi will have no problems.

I have used bio now for atleast a year 70/30 mix, it works just fine. Just had to replace injector seal but that would have had to have been done anyway(10, 000) on bio no issues.

Whats black diesel bud? I have never heard of it.

112cdi 02

what the heck is black diesel????
"I still wear flares" :D

wow, news to me. How does it compare to veg oil based bio?
Is it easier to get hold of the waste oil? Can you use a normal biodiesel processor to make it? Where can i find out more about this?

Sorry to pick up on the old thread - Jamie cdi is right Bio Diesel is good stuff. I've been through the e300 Turbo diesel - first on mix veg oil, then twin tank 100% veg oil, to 100% bio in an E220 CDI and now am on E320 CDI.
I'v enever had a problem on Bio.
Veg oil requires you to think about viscocity change over temperatures etc
Bio requires you to monitor the quality of the fuel and change filters as you're changing over as it has powerful cleaning properties.
Wondering if Jamie cdi or others have remapped to suit - and what to suit would be?

wow, news to me. How does it compare to veg oil based bio?
Is it easier to get hold of the waste oil? Can you use a normal biodiesel processor to make it? Where can i find out more about this?

'Black diesel' made from waste engine oil thinned with various petroleum based distillates is:
Somewhat akin to using your sh1t to make 'tasty brown smoothies'.:fail

Actually, it's worse than that.
Even old school IDI engines that run veg. oil with ease, like the OM616 and 617, soon clog up their injectors with carbon.

besides all that, vegoil/bio is legal black diesel isnt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom